听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 8月24日英语故事
返回列表 发帖

8月24日英语故事

please kindly translate the red part:

My dear friends, I have a good news to tell: I am going to learn to play Gu Zheng (a Chinese musical instrument).

Ever since I was a Child, I always admire those people who can play a kind of muscial instrument. When I entered university and saw my roommate Lily playing violin, I felt she was so capable. Late in home I mentioned to my father that I wish to have a violin. Out of my expectation, my father agreed and soon bought one violin in RMB20 around (I guess my father wanted to compensate me).Back to univerisity with the violin, I immediately asked Lily to teach me to play. From that day, those "poor" students who living at the same floor of mine had to endure my "beautiful music" every night. Finally, I did not learn to play violin. One reason is that my finger is short and fat, not suitable for playing violin; secondly I have no money to hire a teacher to learn from;the last and most important reason is that I was not persistant in learning.

The night before yesterday, we were playing Canastra (a brazilian card game) at home. Ari got up to play a CD. Suddenly, the heavenly wonderful melody of Guzheng filled the room, so tender, flowing like water...... While humming with the music, I suddendly made a decision: I am going to realize one of dreams now: to learn a musical instrument. Now that I have time, I can't go out to public, I can invite a teacher to come to home to teach me. Yesterday, I searched in website and found Guzheng is one of the easiest musical instrument to learn, and, the good things is short & fat finger like me is ok to learn (my fingers are so short that I can't reach 8 keys of piano). Then I made my decision to learn Gu Zheng.

Just outside of my condominium there is one shop selling musical instrument.This morning when my sister and I went out for walk we went to there diretly. After some Q & A, I think I am suitable to learn Gu Zheng. The best thing is there is not need to learn stave, this will make it easier for me. Immediately, I placed order for one middle leveled price. Before lunch, my Gu Zheng is already settled down in my home. I made appointment with the teacher to start class next Thursday. Ha, I have a new goal, so happy!

My friends, next time when you come to my home, please prepare your ear for listening to my Gu Zheng playing.(Sorry, your ear might need to tolerate a little bit at the beginning). Are you happy for me?

Today I got my send Yoga class.

The picture attached is my Gu Zheng

返回列表