听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 休闲乐园 » 双语阅读:来自戴尔的建议(2)
返回列表 发帖

双语阅读:来自戴尔的建议(2)

Through my previous contract with customers and the small ad I placed in the paper, I was already getting a lot of business. I was selling between $50,000 to $80,000 upgraded PCs, upgrade kits, and add-on computer components to people in Austin area. Not long after starting the classes I was able to move from a stuffy room that I shared with a roommate to a condominium with high ceilings and two bedrooms.( I didn’t, however, tell my parents for a few months that I moved.)   通过我与客户的早期接触以及在报纸上的广告,当时我已经接到了很多业务。我在奥斯汀地区出售的升级电脑,升级工具,附加零件,每月的销售额达到5万到8万美元之间。开学后不久我便从和室友共住的闷热宿舍搬出来,住进了有高高的天花板,和两个卧室的公寓套间。(然而,我是在好几个月后才把搬家的事情告诉父母的。)
  In early May, about a week before I took my final exam to complete my freshman year, I incorporated the company as “Dell Computer Corporation”, doing business as “PC’s Limited”. we moved the business from my condo to a 1000-square-foot office space in a small business center in North Austin. I hired a few people to take orders over telephone and a few more to fulfill them. Manufacturing consisted of three guys with screwdivers sitting at six-foot tables upgrading machines. Business continued to grow, and I began to think of what the potential could be if I could devote myself to the venture, full- time.
  五月初,大约是我一年级期末考试前一周吧,我的“戴尔电脑公司成立”,以股份公司形式经营“个人电脑”。公司的地址也从我的公寓搬到了奥斯汀北部一个一千多尺的小商业中心写字楼里面。我雇了些人接电话订单,还有一些人负责填单。生产部有六个人,拿着螺丝起子坐在六英尺的桌子旁升级电脑。业务逐渐扩大,我也开始考虑如果我全心全意的扑在生意上,公司是否还有潜力。
  Where I came from, not going to the college is not an acceptable option. Convincing my parents to allow me to leave school would have been impossible. So I just went ahead and did it, whatever the consequences. I finished my freshman year, and left.
  不上大学在我的家乡是难以被接受的,要说服父母同意我辍学几乎是不可能的。因此我毅然不顾的我行我素。在念完一年级以后,我便离开了学校。
  After a while, my parents forgave me. And a litter bit after that, I forgave them, too.
  后来,我父母原谅了我。再后来,我也原谅了他们。
  People asked me now, “were you scared?” Sure.
  人们现在问我:“你当时害怕吗?”当然害怕。
  But it turned out, the timing for PC’s Limited couldn’t have been better.
  而结果证明,那个时机成立个人电脑公司再好不过。

提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
签名被屏蔽

返回列表