Board logo

标题: “老字号”怎么说 [打印本页]

作者: tingroom    时间: 2010-9-24 15:43     标题: “老字号”怎么说

Companies that sell products with famous names and long histories - the so-calledtime-honored brands - are being warned to hurry up and register those brand names and trademarks in foreign markets, before rivals effectively steal them。

有关人士提醒那些历史悠久、产品知名的企业,即所谓的“老字号”,要加快行动,在国际市场进行商标注册,以免被竞争对手抢注。

在上面的报道中,time-honored brand就是我们常说的“老字号”,time-honored的意思是“因古老而受到尊重的;确立已久的”,例如:a time-honored custom(令人敬仰的古老习俗)

现在商家们都很注重brand name effect(品牌效应),一个著名品牌带来的brand worship(品牌崇拜)可以保证产品的销路。有的商家还会不惜重金聘请名人来做brand spokesperson(品牌代言人),以提高品牌知名度。
作者: kinglongyy    时间: 2010-9-24 16:08

a time-honored brand =老字号,

thank you tingroom, i got it by your post
作者: tingroom    时间: 2010-9-25 08:38

回复 2# kinglongyy

hi,kinglongyy,would you like to accept my invitation to work as a moderator of some block?I am really looking forward to you joinment to us.And I am sure that you will bring us something new.
作者: kinglongyy    时间: 2010-9-25 10:47

回复 3# tingroom

hi, tingroom, first of all, thank you so much for your kindly invitation. i wanna to be a translator in your forum to translate something that appeared in our daily lives. Secondly, i'm not sure that i would been a competent moderator. Finally, you had alreadly had a translation block in your forum. so i'm so appreciated for your invitation indeed, i just wanna to be a free translator here. Best wishes to you and your forum!
作者: tingroom    时间: 2010-9-25 11:08

回复 4# kinglongyy

hi,kinglongyy,translation block suits you best,I am sure you can fit in the job quite easily because of your ablity.
I wish you could accept my invitation,I will really appreciate it.
    thank you.
作者: kinglongyy    时间: 2010-9-25 11:33

回复 5# tingroom

but you had already had a moderator on that block, sabrinaw ,isn't she?

she may be busy these days coz of something, i guess.

well, i want to accept your friendly invitation. would u like to add me to the transaltion block as a moderator. i would work well with sabrinaw.  i will do all i can to this block.thank you for your appreciation
作者: tingroom    时间: 2010-9-25 13:50

回复 6# kinglongyy

sabrinaw is an out-going girl and I am sure you tow can co-operate well with each other as a team.now I will name you as a moderator of the translation block and you will be given the medal of moderator.congratulations.thank you for your support.
作者: kobe    时间: 2010-9-27 17:22

This is a time-honored BBS!
作者: yanin566    时间: 2010-9-27 19:36

There are many time-honored brands in NingBo.
作者: sunnytung    时间: 2010-9-29 12:08

老字号:time-honored brand

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2