Board logo

标题: 10月25日英语故事:Little Prince No-father [打印本页]

作者: 星期一    时间: 2010-10-24 23:41     标题: 10月25日英语故事:Little Prince No-father

read the story carefully and then translate the phrases which are marked in red or write down what you get from the story to gain the score. 试着翻译红色的部分或者发表自己的看法.

Little Prince No-father
没有父亲的小王子

[The Power of Truth]事实的力量

Once upon a time, the King of Benares went on a picnic in the forest. The beautiful flowers and trees and fruits made him very happy. As he was enjoying their beauty, he slowly went deeper and deeper into the forest. Before long, he became separated from his companions and realized that he was all alone.
从前,贝拿勒斯的国王去森林里野餐。美丽的花儿、树儿和果实令他非常快乐。国王沉浸在漂亮的景色中,慢慢的朝着森林深处越走越远。不久,他和他的随从分开了,这才发现自己独自一人。

Then he heard the sweet voice of a young woman. She was singing as she collected firewood: To keep from being afraid of being alone in the forest, the king followed the sound of the lovely voice. When he finally came upon the singer of the songs, he saw that she was a beautiful fair young woman, and immediately fell in love with her. They became very friendly, and the king became the father of the firewood woman's child.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
当他来到这名歌者的身边,看见这位姑娘既年青又很漂亮,立刻就爱上了她。他俩关系变得非常亲密,柴姑也怀上了国王的孩子。

Later, he explained how he had gotten lost in the forest, and convinced her that he was indeed the King of Benares. She gave him directions for getting back to his palace. The king gave her his valuable signet ring, and said, "If you give birth to a baby girl, sell this ring and use the money to bring her up well. If our child turns out to be a baby boy, bring him to me along with this ring for recognition." So saying, he departed for Benares.
后来国王告诉了柴姑他是如何在森林里迷路的,同时让柴姑相信了他就是贝拿勒斯王。柴姑给他指明了回宫的路。贝拿勒斯王交给她一枚价值不菲的图章戒指,并告诉她:“如果你生下了一名女婴,就把这枚戒指卖掉,用那些钱把她好好养大。如果我们的孩子是个男婴,把他带到我面前凭这枚戒指相认。说了之后,他就起程回了贝拿勒斯。

In the fullness of time, the firewood woman gave birth to a cute little baby boy. Being a simple shy woman, she was afraid to take him to the fancy court in Benares, but she saved the king's signet ring.
怀胎十月之后,柴姑生下了一名可爱的男婴。因为生性单纯害羞,她不敢带男婴去贝拿勒斯那座让人眩目的宫殿,但是她把图章戒指保留了下来。

In a few years, the baby grew into a little boy. When he played with the other children in the village, they teased him and mistreated him, and even started fights with him. It was because his mother was not married that the other children picked on him. They yelled at him, "No-father! No-father! Your name should be No-father!"
几年之后,男婴长成小男孩。当他和村子里其他孩子在一起玩耍时,那些孩子取笑他欺负他。他们甚至还打他。那些孩子总是捉弄他,就是因为他的母亲没有嫁人就生下了他。他们朝他大声叫:“没爹的野孩子!没爹的的野孩子!你的名字就叫‘没爹的野孩子’!”

Of course this made the little boy feel ashamed and hurt and sad. He often ran home crying to his mother. One day, he told her how the other children called him, "No-father! No-father! Your name should be No-father!" Then his mother said "Don't be ashamed, my son. You are not just an ordinary little boy. Your father is the King of Benares!"
当然这使小男孩感到羞愧、难过和伤心。他经常跑回家对着他的母亲哭叫。一天,他向母亲诉说其他孩子是怎样叫他“没爹的野孩子!没爹的野孩子!你的名字就叫‘没爹的野孩子’!”而后,他的母亲说:“我的儿啊,不要感到羞愧。你不是个普通的小男孩,你的父亲是贝拿勒斯王。”

The little boy was very surprised. He asked his mother, "Do you have any proof of this?" So she told him about his father giving her the signet ring, and that if the baby was a boy she should bring him to Benares, along with the ring as proof. The little boy said, "Let's go then!"Because of what happened, she agreed, and the next day they set out for Benares.
小男孩感到非常吃惊,他问母亲:“您有什么证据可以证明呢?”母亲便告诉他,他的父亲曾经给她一枚图章戒指,说如果生下的是男孩就要带他去贝拿勒斯,以这枚戒指作为证据。小男孩说:“我们现在就去吧!”面对发生的这些事情,他的母亲同意了,第二天他们便出发去了贝拿勒斯。

When they arrived at the king's palace, the gate keeper told the king the firewood woman and her little son wanted to see him. They went into the royal assembly hall, which was filled with the king's ministers and advisers. The woman reminded the king of their time together in the forest. Finally she said, "Your majesty, here is your son."
他们到了国王宫殿前,殿门的守卫通报了国王说柴姑和她的小儿子要见他。他们走进皇家议事廷,那里站满了国王的大臣和幕僚。柴姑回想起了她和国王一起在森林里的那段日子。最终她说:“我尊敬的陛下,这是您的儿子。”

The king was ashamed in front of all the ladies and gentlemen of his court. So, even though he knew the woman spoke the truth, he said, "He is not my son!" Then the lovely young mother showed the signet ring as proof. Again the king was ashamed and denied the truth, saying, "It is not my ring!"
国王羞于面对这廷前所有的王公大臣和夫人,尽管他知道这名女子说的是事实,他却说:“他不是我的儿子!”这位年轻又迷人的母亲当众出示了图章戒指以作证明。国王仍然感觉羞愧再次否认了事实,他说:“这不是我的戒指。”

Then the poor woman thought to herself, "I have no witness and no evidence to prove what I say. I have only my faith in the power, of truth." So she said to the king, "If I throw this little boy up into the air, if he truly is your son, may he remain in the air without falling. If he is not your son, may he fall to the floor and die!"
当时这名可怜的女子自忖道:“我没有证据和证物来证明我所说的话。我只相信事实的力量。”因此她对国王说:“我把这个小男孩抛到空中,如果他真的是您的儿子,他就会呆在空中不会掉下来。如果他不是您的儿子,他就会掉在地上摔死。”

Suddenly, she grabbed the boy by his foot and threw him up into the air. Lo and behold, the boy sat in the cross-legged position, suspended in mid-air, without falling. Everyone was astonished, to say the least! Remaining in the air, the little boy spoke to the mighty king. "My lord, I am indeed a son born to you. You take care of many people who are not related to you. You even maintain countless elephants, horses and other animals. And yet, you do not think of looking after and raising me, your own son. Please do take care of me and my mother."
突然,她抓起男孩的脚把他抛向空中。瞧啊,男孩盘腿悬在半空中,没有掉下来。毫不夸张的说,每一个人都很震惊。小男孩悬在空中对这个位高权重的国王说:“陛下,我真的是您的儿子。您关心着许多跟你没有姻亲的人。您甚至喂养了数不清的大象、马匹和其它的动物。但是您却不想照料和养育您自己的儿子。请好好照顾我和我的母亲吧。”

Hearing this, the king's pride was overcome. He was humbled by the truth of the little boy's powerful words. He held out his arms and said, "Come to me my son, and I will take good care of you."
国王听了之后,被小男孩有力的大实话所打动。他放下了自己的傲气,伸出双臂对小男孩说:“到我这儿来吧.我的儿啊,我会好好照顾你的。”

Amazed by such a wonder, all the others in the court put out their arms. They too asked the floating little boy to come to them. But he went directly from mid-air into his father's arms. With his son seated on his lap, the king announced that he would be the crown prince, and his mother would be the number one queen.
在场所有的人都对这个奇迹惊叹不已,他们也伸出自己的手臂,叫小男孩到自己身边来。但是小男孩直接从空中落到他父亲的怀中。小男孩坐在国王的腿上,国王当众宣布小男孩就是太子,而他的母亲成为了皇后。

In this way, the king and all his court learned the power of truth. Benares became known as a place of honest justice. In time the king died. The grown up crown prince wanted to show the people that all deserve respect, regardless of birth. So he had himself crowned under the official name, "King No-father!" He went on to rule the kingdom in a generous' and righteous way.
这样,国王和他整个宫廷都见识了事实的力量。贝拿勒斯城也因为它的诚实公正而远近闻名。国王死时,这位长大成人的太子为了让他的人民懂得:所有人不论出生都应该受到尊敬,他给自己加冕了一个名字“没有父亲的国王!”后来他一直正直而严明地治理着这个国家。

The moral is: The truth is always stronger than a lie.
这个故事告诉我们:事实永远胜过谎言。
作者: 黑色音符    时间: 2010-10-25 17:06

What a romantic story it is,huh?
作者: 水寒    时间: 2010-10-25 20:41

perfect
作者: float    时间: 2010-10-26 14:23

他听到一个年轻女孩甜美的声音,她一边唱歌一边捆柴,这让他忘记了独自在森林里的害怕,他追随着美妙的声音而去     Then he heard the sweet voice of a young woman. She was singing as she collected firewood: To keep from being afraid of being alone in the forest, the king followed the sound of the lovely voice
作者: kinglongyy    时间: 2010-10-27 10:26

Then he heard the sweet voice of a young woman. She was singing as she collected firewood: To keep from being afraid of being alone in the forest, the king followed the sound of the lovely voice.他听到一个年轻女孩甜美的声音,她一边唱歌一边拾柴,这让他忘记了独自在森林里的害怕,他追随着美妙的声音而去
作者: yjcg    时间: 2010-10-30 21:56

在场所有的人都对这个奇迹惊叹不已

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2