作者: 不变的小雪    时间: 2007-8-7 12:50     标题: 句式

1.to be ready to do something 随时愿意做某事,乐于做某事
2.to help sombody with something 就某事帮用某人
3.to work rard at something 对某事下功夫,勤奋地学习某科
4.to set an example to somebody 给某人树立榜样
5.to give somebody a good beating 给某人一顿痛打
6.to teach somebody a lessom 给某人一个教训
7.want to do something 想做什么事
8.buy something for somebody=buy somebody something 给谁买什么(人永远是间接宾语,物永远是直接宾语)
9.show somebody something=shou somebody to\for something 给谁看什么
10.be famous for sth 是以''''''''''而闻名
11.Be in the mood 想要做某事=To feel like doing something
例句:She is not in the mood for playing cards and says she should really be preparing her lecture notes.
12.Over the moon 欣喜若狂=Extremely happy
例句:She’s over the moon about her promotion – she really wasn’t expecting it.
13.Get a move on 赶快=To hurry up
例句:Get a move on! The train is about to leave.
14.Over and above 除…这外, 额外的=In addition to
例句:Over and above our salary, we are getting a large bonus, because business has been very profitable this year.
15.Get the picture 了解某事=To understand something, to grasp some meaning
例句:When they started cutting back and laying people off at work, I got the picture and
16.Be out of pocket 花光了钱的=To be without money
例句:He’s complaining because he spent all of his money on slot machines and now he’s out of pocket.
17.Keep somebody posted 传达消息=To regularly give somebody up-to-date information or details of the progress being made.
例句:I phoned in at the end of each working day to keep my boss posted about developments at the trade conference.
18.In the long run 最终, 最后=Over a long period of time, once a process has matured
例句:The grocery store is making a loss right now. In the long run, however, we hope to achieve a situation of stable profit.
19.On a shoestring 生活拮据=In a thrifty manner; with costs or spending down to a bare minimum
例句:She lives on a shoestring – she gets a tiny pension and has to budget very tightly.
20.Lose track of 失去消息, 失去线索=To lose contact with somebody to not know where something is
例句:I lost track of Fran when she moved to Boston. I’ve even tried to locate her on the Internet.  
21.do sb. wrong
对待某人不公平; 冤枉某人, 委屈某人
作者: yoyo530521    时间: 2007-8-8 17:04

很有用哦

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2