Board logo

标题: 鬼屋6 [打印本页]

作者: lannsing    时间: 2010-11-19 21:07     标题: 鬼屋6

当我那被刺激的神经趋于平静,我对自己说“这是个梦--只是个可怕的梦而已”。并且我又好好想了一下,至到我确信这是个梦。我咧嘴笑笑,像没事发生过。我从床上起来,打开了灯;看到门闩和锁完好如初,这个发现令我欢欣,笑意浮现在我的嘴角。我拿出烟斗,点上烟,在火炉前坐下,烟斗从我虚弱的手指间掉下,我俯下身时,我的脸一下子变得煞白,呼吸也变得急促起来!在火炉边的灰烬上,在我的脚印旁边,还有另外的脚印,这脚印如此巨大,我的脚印与它想比就像是婴儿的!可见我有一个造访者,但这脚印只有大象的的脚印才可以解释。

When my excitement had calmed, I said to myself," This is a dream-simply a hideous dream." And so I lay thinking it over until I convinced myself that it was a drarm, and then a comforting laugh relaxed my lips and I was happy again.
I got up and struck a light; and when I found that the locks and bolts were just as I had left them, another soothing laugh welled in my heart and rippled from my lips. I took my pipe and lit it, and was just sitting down before the fire, when-down went the pipe out of my nerveless fingers,the blood forsook my cheeks,and my placid breathing was cut shou with a gasp!In the ashes on the hearth,side by side with my own bare footprint,was another,so vast that in comparison  mine was but an infant's!Then I had had a visitor,and the elephant tread was explained.

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2