Board logo

标题: 毕业生求职(18)One [打印本页]

作者: 幽幽草    时间: 2007-9-6 11:25     标题: 毕业生求职(18)One

A: Hello!

B: Hello! Glad to meet you.

A: Tell me something about yourself, please.

B: My name is Wan Mei and I live in Guangzhou. I was born in 1978. I am a student of Jinan University. I have majored in Public Administration. I like travelling very much and enjoy sports. I am in the tennis club at my university.

A: Your application form says you were out of school for half a year during high school. What was the reason? Were you ill?

B: Oh, no. My father's job took him to America for six months then, and he decided to take the whole family along.

A: So during that time you went to high school in the United States?

B: Yes, it was just for a few months, but attended Johnson High School in Chicago.

A: There was a year between the time you graduated from high school and entered the university. What were you doing during that time?

B: I spent a year doing things a person doesn't have time for. I traveled several countries.

A: Do you think you are more outward-looking or more inward-looking?

B: Well, something I want to be by myself, but most of the time I prefer being with a group of people, so I guess you'd may I am rather outgoing. I was really very active in my university club.

A: What would you say are some of your strong and weak points?

B: Well, I suppose a strong point of mine is that I like developing new things and ideas. But I am afraid I am a poor talker and that isn't very good, so I've been studying how to speak in public.

A: Do you have any people you'd call really close friends?

B: Not too many, but not too few, either, I suppose. There are six people that I see quite often now. They're all my good friends.
作者: 幽幽草    时间: 2007-9-6 11:25     标题: 毕业生求职(18)Two

A: What kind of sports do you like? And do you watch or play?

B: I like both watching and playing. And I enjoy almost all sports, but I especially like tennis. I was in the tennis club all through high school, so particularly in the case of tennis I prefer doing to watching.

A: What kind of books do you like?

B: I like biographics. It's intersting to read about the backgrounds of people who have become famous, and see what I can learn from their lives.

A: Who is your favorite writer?

B: I like the novels of Charles Dickens very much. I've read almost all of them in the original.

A: Can you name one person that you respect very much?

B: My English teacher at college. He has so much humour and vitality, and I am very impressed with his tactfulness. He can make a person see the contradictions in his thinking without making him feel foolish. I've learned a lot from watching the way he applies himself to his teaching, and how he leads people to seeing things.

A: What basic principles do you apply to your life?

B: Not to put off till tomorrow what you can do today. I feel that time gives away very easily --- you think you have it, and it is gone quickly! Putting things off just makes it worse later. So even if it is hard at the time, I try to get things done that day and not leave them till the next day.

A: Tell me why you are interested in working for this company, will you?

B: I think working in this company would give me the best oppotunity to use what I've learned at college, studying public administration for four years. I think this company has a great future and I'll be able to develop my own capabilities here. So for a long time I've been thinking I'd like to work with this company.

A: Have you ever worked during your university days?

B: Yes. I worked as a tutor to teach English to a middle school student.

A: There's a good chance for you to come to work for this company. But, you will have to have another interview with our manager himself in Chinese.

B: Of course.

A: Thank you for coming. Good-bye!

B: Good-bye!
作者: 幽幽草    时间: 2007-9-6 11:29     标题: 毕业生求职(17)

(B= Mr. Brown W= Wang Xiaowei)

B: Why do you want to be a tourist guide?

W: I have been interested in Chinese and world geography ever since I was child. I also like foreign cultures very much. That's why I chose English literature as my major when I entered the university.

B: I think you like travel, too.

W: Oh, yes, very much. I'm quite outgoing and like meeting people. During my trips, I often work as a volunteer guide to help those foreign tourist enjoy their trips better. I feel very proud when I introduce our long and rich culture to foreign tourists. Of course, it's a chance for me to practise my English. So I do have a little experience as a guide.

B: But you know to be a guide is a tough job.

W: Certainly, it is very demanding. But I don't mind. After all it is a job I like to do.

B: Besides English, what other languages can you speak?

W: A little Japanese and German. I can speak Cantonese, too, for I was born and brought up in Guangzhou.

B: It's very impressive. Mr. Wang, if you are hired, you'll be expected to receive some training in tourism business.

W: That's fine.

B: Would you please fill out this application form and give it to the secretary? We'll inform you very soon.

W: Thank you, Mr. Brown, for your time and patience. Good-bye.

B: Good luck. Bye.
作者: 幽幽草    时间: 2007-9-6 11:30     标题: 毕业生求职(16)

(R= the receptionist C= Cai Yingying S= Mrs. Smith)

R: Good morning. Can I help you?

C: Good morning. I am Cai Yingying. I'm supposed to have an appointment with Mrs. Smith. Is she available now?

R: Yes, she is. Please go to Room 205.

C: Thank you very much.

C: May I come in?

S: Yes, please.

C: Good morning, Mrs Smith. I'm Cai Yingying.

S: Nice to meet you. Sit down, please. Miss Cai, would you like a cup of tea?

C: No, thanks a lot.

S: Miss Cai, as you've learned in our advertisement, we need a capable secretary. You know our company does a very big international business, so we are really looking for a bilingual secretary. Do you think you are proficient in both written and spoken English?

C: Yes, I think so. I can speak English fluently, and handle reporting writing in English, such as summaries, keeping minutes at meetings, etc.

S: How is your typing skill?

C: I can type 60 words a minute, basically no mistake.

S: That sounds fine. By the way, can you operate a word processor?

C: Yes, I can, but not very skillfully. I'm still taking a computer course.

S: Good. Any questions?

C: Can I ask about the salary?

S: We can offer you 800 yuan at the start and a rise would be given according to your ability later. The employees can also enjoy our company's health insurance program.

C: I think I like the job.

S: We will send you a letter by early next week. Thank you for coming, Miss Cai. It was nice talking to you.

C: Thank you, Mrs. Smith. Good-bye.

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2