Board logo

标题: 12月26日故事:Sand and Stone 石头和沙子 [打印本页]

作者: yy2235    时间: 2010-12-26 10:22     标题: 12月26日故事:Sand and Stone 石头和沙子

please read the story carefully,then translate the red sentences and tell me what are you thinking about when you read the whole story~Don't be shy,just make your imagination fly in your sky!
      Two friends were walking through the desert. During some point of the journey they had an agrument, and one friend slapped the other one in the face.
      The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything, he wrote some words in the sand:" Today my best friend slapped me in the face." They kept on walking until they found an oasis, where they decided to take a bath. The one who had been slapped got stuck in the mire and started drowning, but the friend saved him. After he recovered from the near drowning, he wrote some words on a stone:" Today my best friend saved my life."
      The friend who had slapped and saved his best friend asked him ," After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now you write on a stone. Why?" The other friend replied," When someone hurts us we should write it down in sand where winds of forgiveness can erase it away. But when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it."

A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your successes.
                                                                                                               ——Doug Larson
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

作者: 龙楚红    时间: 2010-12-26 12:48

During some point of the journey they had an agrument, and one friend slapped the other one in the face.
在旅途中,他们有异议,一个朋友刮了另一个一巴。
我伤你的时候,你把它写在沙子上,为什么现在你却把它写在石头上呢
A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your successes.
一个真正测朋友,应该旁观你的失败忍受你的成功
作者: gtkehai    时间: 2010-12-26 16:47

but without saying anything?
是不是错了?
作者: eedhatt    时间: 2010-12-26 20:35

We should learn how to conduct ourselves.  
I like the last sentence,"A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your successes."
作者: yy2235    时间: 2010-12-26 20:40

回复 3# gtkehai

What do you want to say?
作者: yezichen    时间: 2010-12-26 22:39

回复 1# yy2235

During some point of the journey they had an agrument, and one friend slapped the other one in the face.

在路途中,两个朋友发生了争论。其中一个打了另一个一巴掌。

After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now you write on a stone.

我打了你之后,你在沙上写字,现在你却写在石头上。

A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your successes. ——Doug Larson

真正的朋友从不追究你的过错,也从不嫉妒你的成功。  ——Doug Larson

I believe that true friends don't care how much contact, but the heart will never forget, gladness of miss!

(我认为真正的朋友不在乎联系的多少,而是心里永远不会忘记,时时刻刻的惦念!)
作者: yy2235    时间: 2010-12-29 14:03

Friends are in our hearts forever, and it can not be expressed in words,
作者: yy2235    时间: 2010-12-29 14:04

回复 6# yezichen

Friends are in our hearts forever, and it can not be expressed in words.

作者: zhouzhou2010-yy    时间: 2010-12-30 10:26

True friends remember your good forget the bad
作者: elfbrook    时间: 2010-12-30 22:10

good
作者: songlei    时间: 2011-1-5 16:08

thanks!
作者: div    时间: 2011-1-6 16:36

After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now you write on a stone.
我使你受伤后,你在沙上写字,现在你在石头上写字

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2