Board logo

标题: 1月12日故事:What's Prettier than Freckles 有什么比雀斑更漂亮 [打印本页]

作者: yy2235    时间: 2011-1-12 08:03     标题: 1月12日故事:What's Prettier than Freckles 有什么比雀斑更漂亮

Please read the story carefully,then translate the red sentences and tell me what are you thinking about when you read the whole story~Don't be shy,just make your imagination fly in your sky!

An elderly woman and her little grandson, whose face sprinkled with bright freckles, spent the day at the zoo. Lots of children were waiting in line to get their cheeks painted by a local artist who was decorating them with tiger paws.   "You've got so many freckles, there's no place to paint!" a girl in the line said to the little fellow.
   Embarrassed, the little boy dropped his head. His grandmother knelt down next to him. "I love your freckles. When I was a little girl I always wanted freckles," she said, with her finger tracing her finger across the child's cheek." Freckles are beautiful."
   The boy looked up," Really?"" Of course," said the grandmother." Can you name me one thing that's prettier than freckles?"
   The little boy thought for a moment, peered intensely into his grandma's face, and softly whispered," Wrinkles."

Love can make the shortcomings become extremely vivid.           
                                                          ——James Thurber
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

作者: eedhatt    时间: 2011-1-12 16:53

For example, if you love someone, you will only see her beauties. haha .
作者: yezichen    时间: 2011-1-13 16:31

1、You've got so many freckles, there's no place to paint!
你的脸上雀斑太多了,根本没有地方画了。

2、I love your freckles. When I was a little girl I always wanted freckles.我喜欢你的雀斑。当我是个小女孩的时候,我一直都想要雀斑。

3、Love can make the shortcomings become extremely vivid.   ——James Thurber
爱会让缺点变得非常生动。——James Thurber

4、克服自己的缺点最好的办法是让其变成你身上独特的部分。
The best way for overcome your shortcomings is  to make it a unique part of your body。
作者: yy2235    时间: 2011-1-13 16:43

回复 3# yezichen

Yes, make the disadvantages into advantages.
作者: gtkehai    时间: 2011-1-14 23:47

You've got so many freckles, there's no place to paint!
作者: kinglongyy    时间: 2011-1-15 10:16

你的脸上雀斑太多了,根本没有地方画了。
我喜欢你的雀斑。当我是个小女孩的时候,我一直都想要雀斑。
爱会让缺点变得非常生动

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2