Board logo

标题: 2011-01-18 美文欣赏:Scientists Create Sperm and Eggs from Stem Cells [打印本页]

作者: eedhatt    时间: 2011-1-18 10:51     标题: 2011-01-18 美文欣赏:Scientists Create Sperm and Eggs from Stem Cells

Scientists at Stanford University in California found the right cocktail of chemicals and vitamins to coax the cells into becoming eggs and sperm, the Daily Mail reported. The sperm had heads and short tails and are thought to have been mature enough to fertilise an egg. The eggs were at a much earlier stage but were still much more developed than any created so far by other scientists.

It paves the way for a cure for infertility and could help those left sterile by cancer treatment to have children who are biologically their own. But it raises a number of moral and ethical concerns. These include the possibility of children being born through entirely artificial means, and men and women being sidelined from the process of making babies.

作者: eedhatt    时间: 2011-1-18 10:54

If you have any questions about the passage, please don't hesitate to ask. I will do my best to answer your questions. And if having any suggestion, please tell me at first time,thank you.

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2