Board logo

标题: 2011-01-19 美文欣赏:NEC Unveils "Translation Glasses" [打印本页]

作者: eedhatt    时间: 2011-1-19 12:00     标题: 2011-01-19 美文欣赏:NEC Unveils "Translation Glasses"

Read the article carefully and command the words and phrases you don't know. If you have any questions or feelings, write them down immediately and you will get scores. I will do my best to answer. Wish you a happy day.

Foreign language dictionaries could soon be a thing of the past, after Japanese manufacturer NEC unveiled a pari of glasses that can automatically translate spoken words and phrases.
    The Tele Scouter glasses feature a compact microphone and camera, which picks up the foreign-language conversation. This audio recording is then relayed to a small computer worn on the user's waist, which transmits the information to a remote server. The server translates the words from speech to text, and transmits it back to the glasses, where the translated phrase then appears on a tiny retinal display, providing the wearer with a transcript of the conversation in their own language. The retinal display projects the text in the wearer's peripheral vision, enabling the user to maintain eye contact with whoever they're speaking to.
作者: tingroom    时间: 2011-1-21 09:59

回复 1# eedhatt

eed,where is Chinese translation?it will be helpful to understand the meaning of the article more easily.

technology brings so much convenience to our life,but I am afraid now,maybe I will lose my job some day.
作者: eedhatt    时间: 2011-1-24 23:39

回复 2# tingroom

Sorry, I will add the Chinese translation from tomorrow.

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2