Board logo

标题: Happy but Not Rich [打印本页]

作者: zhoujiazui741    时间: 2011-3-15 17:55     标题: Happy but Not Rich

Happy but Not Rich  

An old man died and left his son a lot of money.  But the son was a foolish young man, and he quickly spent all the money,  so that soon he had nothing left. Of course, when that happened, all his friends left him. When he was quite poor and alone, he went to see Nasreddin, who was a kind, clever old man and often helped people when they had troubles.
     "My money has finished and my friends have gone," said the young man. "What will happen to me now?"
     "Don't worry, young man," answered Nasreddn. "Everything will soon be all right again. Wait, and you will soon feel much happier."
     The young man was very glad. 'Am I going to get rich again then?' he asked Nasreddin.
     "No, I didn't mean that," said the old man. "I meant that you would soon get used to being poor and to having no friends."

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

作者: Sanmal    时间: 2011-3-16 06:49

Yes, sometimes you must choose between happy and rich.  And you must get only one.
So, I admire people who are rich and happy! But not people like this man...
作者: mubu    时间: 2011-3-16 08:01

Very wise indeed (lol).

作者: xnzlxmg    时间: 2011-3-16 08:23

I want happy everyday
作者: 陈秀玲    时间: 2011-3-19 23:47

happiness depends on ourselves not others !
作者: bonnieju    时间: 2011-4-2 10:25

Happy but Not Rich  快乐但不富裕

An old man died and left his son a lot of money.  But the son was a foolish young man, and he quickly spent all the money,  so that soon he had nothing left. Of course, when that happened, all his friends left him. When he was quite poor and alone, he went to see Nasreddin, who was a kind, clever old man and often helped people when they had troubles.
一个老人死后留给他儿子一大笔钱,但是他的儿子很傻,很快就花光了他所有的钱,变得一无所有。当然,这时,他所有的朋友都离开了他。当他又穷又孤独的时候,他去拜访了一位非常聪明并乐于助人的老人,名叫Nasreddin.
     "My money has finished and my friends have gone," said the young man. "What will happen to me now?"
年青人说:“我的钱花光了,我的朋友也离开了我。下来还会有什么事发生呢?”
     "Don't worry, young man," answered Nasreddn. "Everything will soon be all right again. Wait, and you will soon feel much happier."
“不要担心年青人,”老人说。“一切很快就会好起来的。等等看,你会发现你会变得比以前快乐。”
     The young man was very glad. 'Am I going to get rich again then?' he asked Nasreddin.
     "No, I didn't mean that," said the old man. "I meant that you would soon get used to being poor and to having no friends."
年青人听后非常高兴,他问老人:“你是说我会重新富裕起来吗?”
老人回答到:“不,我不是那个意思,我是说你很快会习惯没有朋友的穷苦生活的。”
作者: bonnieju    时间: 2011-4-2 10:26

晕了。LZ,愚人节已经过了,怎么还恶搞呀。
上当了。
作者: 汩子    时间: 2011-4-3 17:25

作者: 曾宝玉    时间: 2011-4-12 21:54

which will you chose,happy or rich?
作者: xiaotantan    时间: 2011-4-13 10:48

happy every day!
作者: xiaomeixin    时间: 2011-4-13 15:24

If he don't work hard,he will get poorer and poorer.
作者: dragon520    时间: 2011-4-13 16:58

Happy or not is nothing to do with rich or poor.
I think friends is the best source of pleasure.
作者: w395041292    时间: 2011-4-16 12:48

Happy but Not Rich

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2