Board logo

标题: Do I look familiar? [打印本页]

作者: yunyou    时间: 2007-9-21 19:03     标题: Do I look familiar?

Do I look familiar?

John can’t stop thinking about the remarkable similarity he has noticed between Kelly and another American tourist he saw some years ago at Beihai Park. At that time, his conversational English was not very good; he was too shy too speak to her. With Kelly, it’s a case of love at first sight. Since the ice has been broken, he decides to pursue this path with her.

John:Well, enough about me and my job. You know, Kelly, I have the strangest feeling we’ve met before.

Kelly:That’s not likely. We were living half a world apart. I know I haven’t seen you before (with some emotion)

John:You’re right. I don’t know you, and we’ve never met each other before. What I really wanted to say is that you look just like another person I saw a few years ago.

Kelly:Well, it wasn’t me. This was my first trip to China.

John:Sorry. You’re right, of course. I was too shy to even introduce myself to her, but somehow, with you it’s different. Even though we hadn’t been introduced before an hour ago, already I feel at ease talking with you.

Kelly:Same here. Sorry if I sounded a little upset before. I thought you were just trying the usual come-on.

John:I guess that’s what it seemed like. Anyway, I’m glad we understand each other.

Kelly:Me too! Actually, it appears to be fairly commonplace for people to think they’ve met someplace before. I’ve had the same experience a couple of times.

John:Yeah, but I’m sure glad I’ve really met you.

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2