Board logo

标题: 系列节目三:海外大学生活-常速慢速两不误 [打印本页]

作者: DZ    时间: 2008-1-9 09:52     标题: 系列节目三:海外大学生活-常速慢速两不误

收听海外大学生活点滴! You can read and hear about overseas college life here!
我们提供常速和慢速两种mp3,大家可以根据自己需要来收听哦

校园心声 Homework

Between Thanksgiving break and the Christmas break in December, there are two weeks left in the semester, and usually it is really busy for all the students here at school. College students usually put all of their homework off until the last moment, so those last two weeks of school are filled with finishing all the papers and projects for their classes. Because it usually ends up being a lot of homework, the students complain a lot about all the work they have to do.
Its the same situation with myself each semester, and each time, I promise myself that the next semester, I will do a better job. I would do all my homework on time and so I don't have a lot of work at the end of the year. But each time, as the new semester comes, I forget all about it and end up in the same trouble again.

作者: DZ    时间: 2008-1-9 09:55     标题: Fireworks 烽火之夜

Each year the college arranges a special dinner for the students to celebrate Christmas before they leave. Because the Christmas holiday started on the 17th of December, they held the Christmas banquet on the 15th, the Monday before the students left to go home. All the students dressed up; so I went in a suit and tie.
Later that night, when we returned to the dorm, a friend of mine brought out some fireworks to play with. I hadnˇt changed out of my dress shirt, but I foolishly joined them in playing with the fireworks. Suddenly I felt something warm on my skin, and I looked down and found that some sparks had landed on my nice shirt.
Although I was not burned, the sparks had burned a few holes in my shirt. Because the shirt was fairly expensive, I was very upset, but my friends all just laughed at my mistake.

作者: guodinglai    时间: 2008-1-9 16:04

这个也不错。谢谢。
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-1-10 09:12     标题: 宿舍疯云 College Dorm Pranks

Although being at a college or university means a lot of studying, it also means staying in a dorm with many other young college students. Because of that, there is always something fun happening. One thing that they love to do is to pull pranks on each other, meaning to play a trick on someone.

One prank that I remember being particularly significant, as it affected almost everyone. Two students on the bottom floor found the hot water switch, and in the morning before class, when almost everyone was taking a shower, they turned the hot water off. Everyone who was taking a shower screamed, as the cold water suddenly hit them.
  Needless to say, the two students responsible were the only ones laughing after that prank.

作者: sjzays    时间: 2008-1-11 09:22

嗯,看这就很好,我要快点升级过来下载,眼馋啊
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-1-12 08:55     标题: 乘雪橇 Sledding

Two weeks ago, we had a lot of snow fall in the town that my college is at. Because of this, a few of my friends and I decided that we should make use of the snow while it lasted, and go sledding down the hill in the park.         
  Sledding is a fun sport, and it is very simple to learn. All it takes is a long piece of plastic called a sled, and the only thing you have to do is to sit on the sled and slide down a hill covered with snow.   
  We waited until nine o'clock at night, so all the younger kids would be at home. We went to the park near our school, and climbed to the highest hill. Three of us got into one sled, and pushed ourselves down the hill. We started slowly, but started going faster and faster. By the time we hit the bottom, we were going at a very fast speed. At the bottom of the hill was a wall made out of hay, to protect the people sledding. Although the wall was soft, it still hurt as we were going very fast.   
  After falling out of the sled, we climbed back up the hill and did it many more times. We finally left at eleven o'clock, tired but happy.
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-1-15 08:23     标题: 激情讨论 Bad Discussion

Professors in college often have students do group discussions as homework. In one of the classes I took, we were required to discuss a book in groups of four, then write a report and give it to the professor. When my group had the discussion one night, it almost turned into a fight.

During our discussion, we started arguing about one of the ideas in the book, two of us agreed with the author, while the other two disagreed. Although the idea wasn't very important, for some reason, we all argued strongly. We started yelling at each other, and almost even started fighting.

We soon realized how foolish we were acting and all stopped. We finished the discussion quietly and wrote the report. The next day we all laughed at how foolish our argument was.

作者: DZ    时间: 2008-1-30 16:47     标题: 放短假 J-Term Break

At the end of January, my school gives the students a 4-day holiday, called the J-term break. This gives us a short break between our January term, and the main Spring semester.

For this past J-term break, a few of my friends and I decided to take a trip to North Carolina, one of the eastern states in America. Our main plan was to go out to the beach on the eastern coast of the state.  It took us 17 hours of driving to get to the coast, but it was worth the long drive to get there. The place that we visited, Kitty Hawk, is a popular area for tourists in America. It is a beautiful beach town, and it also is where the Wright brothers invented and tested the first airplane in history.  After spending a few days in Kitty Hawk, where we visited the Wright memorial where the flight took place, as well as walking on the beach, we had to return to school. It was a long and tiring trip, but it was an enjoyable break from regular college life.
作者: jwmbz    时间: 2008-1-31 11:44

作者: DZ    时间: 2008-2-3 17:04     标题: 虎咽之后 Wing Bowl

One of the most interesting school activities that I remember was the "Wing Bowl". This was a speed-eating contest that was held, where people would see how many chicken wings they could eat in five minutes.

My friend Dave won the male's side of the contest, eating forty chicken wings in the time given. But the most memorable person was the girl's champion. She was a staff member at the school, but she beat all of the younger students.  During the five minutes that she was allowed, she tried her best to eat as many chicken wings as possible, and she had her head right above her bowl, trying to stuff as much into her mouth as possible. Everyone was laughing as she ate, and when she was done, she had food all over her face.
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-2-18 10:04     标题: 足球广告 Super Bowl

One of the biggest events in America each year is the Super Bowl. It is the final of the professional American football league, called the NFL. The game is played in the winter, and almost every man in America, as well as many people around the world, all watch the game live.

Because of the popularity of the game, the advertisements that play during the game have become a big business. Companies pay a large amount of money to play their ads, short for advertisements, on TV during the game, and they will often spend millions in making the ad.  

Because the ads are made almost like a small movie, many people now watch the game mainly for the ads.

作者: DZ    时间: 2008-2-18 10:09     标题: 弦外之音 Class

Although college is a serious place for education, and the professors are all experienced and smart, that does not mean that the classes are all boring. Many of the professors will use interesting ways to help the students learn better.

One time in our philosophy class, the professor started teaching some new information, and all of us students were busy writing it down in our notebooks. After about five minutes of his teaching, a girl in the back of the room raised her hand.

When the professor asked her what the problem was, the girl asked if the professor was joking. Smiling, the professor asked her why she asked. The girl answered, "Well, because what you are teaching is wrong." The professor laughed, and answered, "Exactly, I wanted to see how many of you students were actually thinking about what I was saying, or if you were just writing it down."

All of us were embarrassed, but we learned a good lesson that day.

作者: DZ    时间: 2008-2-19 16:43     标题: 校园美食 College Food

At college, because we all live in dorms, and aren't able to cook our own food, we have to go to the cafeteria to eat our meals. The cafeteria at our school is called the Dining Commons, or we usually call it the D.C. for short.

The bad part of having to eat at the cafeteria is that the food is usually not really tasty. The school lets an outside company make the food for the students, so the food isn't made very good. Every once in a while however, the cafeteria has a really good meal. The best meal that they have is called Steak and Shrimp night, where they serve us barbecued steaks and fried shrimp. Most all of the students love it, so there is always a long line waiting to get more of the food.
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-2-25 08:44     标题: 户内飞霜 Snowing Inside

Each year in February, my school would organize an alumni week, so students who have graduated can return and visit the school. Last year, some of the alumni told us a story of one of their adventures while they were at school.

In the dorm building, there is an attic that connects the top floor of the guys' and girls' dorm. The alumni had climbed up into the attic, and crawled over to the girls' side of the attic. They quietly uncovered the opening, and luckily for them, there was a girl reading directly under the opening. Without the girl knowing it, the guys carried a bucket full of snow into the attic, and dumped the snow down the opening, and on top of the girl.  When the director of the college heard what they had done, he called them into his office to punish them. But the alumni told us that while the director was punishing them, he was smiling, and even started laughing at how funny the story was.
作者: 学而不用    时间: 2008-2-26 21:14

值得一听
作者: 学而不用    时间: 2008-2-26 21:15

可惜没办法下载,怎么办?SOS
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-2-27 08:34     标题: 回复 16# 的帖子

这个是有权限限制的,过了"新手上路"这一等级就可以下载了
作者: XKC81579859    时间: 2008-2-27 09:47

very good !
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-3-3 16:03     标题: 春假游 Spring Break in Kentucky

Spring break is a big event for many of the college students in America. Each year during the spring semester, universities will give the students a one-week vacation in the middle of the semester. This is a holiday that most students use to go on vacation, either to overseas or just in the US.

For my own spring break last year, several of my friends and I went on a camping trip together. We drove to my friend's home in Kentucky - one of the states in the US. It took sixteen hours of driving to get there, which was a long trip.  While we were there, we took camping trips, climbed rocks, and hiked on trails close to his home. It was a very tiring week, but it was also fun and memorable.

作者: shujg1    时间: 2008-3-6 11:05

真是好东西,下来看看
作者: shujg1    时间: 2008-3-8 11:18

看看!
作者: shujg1    时间: 2008-3-8 11:23

瞧瞧!
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-3-8 14:25     标题: 交通意外 Second Car Accident

I have mentioned before of my friend who had two cars ruined in accidents, although I didn't describe how they happened. The second accident happened while they were traveling to Washington State, in the North-western part of America, during Spring Break.

It was late at night, about two in the morning. My friend, Tim, was getting tired, so he allowed someone else to drive the car. The roads were icy because of the snow that was falling, so it was hard to drive.  

About twenty minutes after changing drivers, they got into the accident. The car suddenly turned sharply, and rolled over, landing on its roof. Fortunately, all of the passengers were safe, and Evan, who was sleeping in the back of the car, did not even wake up!  

Glossary: ruin, describe, icy, rolled over

作者: DZ    时间: 2008-3-18 08:55     标题: 大学运动 College Sports

College sports are very popular in America; sometimes they are even more popular than the professional leagues.
The governing body of college athletics is called the NCAA, and it is divided into divisions based on how good the schools are. Division one has the best teams, and they are watched by people all over the country. Out of all the sports, basketball and American football are the most popular.

Each year in March, the college basketball tournament is held, with 64 teams trying to win the championship. Because of its popularity, it is called "March madness". College basketball is so popular that the number of people who watch it is almost as many as, if not more than, the NBA.

Glossary: governing body, madness
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-3-25 09:57     标题: 冰湖险境 Frozen Lake

The college I attended was in the northern part of the United States, so it was very cold in the winter. Because of the cold temperature, about two to four feet of ice was frozen on the surface of the lake. This allowed us to go out and walk around on top of the frozen lake.

One time, a few friends and I went out for a walk at night on top of the ice. This was in March, when the ice was beginning to melt. I was walking a few feet in front of my friends when they suddenly called out. "Adam, stop. Don't move." I looked back at them, and they pointed towards a huge hole in the ice in front of me.

I was looking at the stars as I was walking and did not pay attention to the ice. If my friends had not stopped me, I would have walked into the hole, and fell into the lake. Naturally, I was very happy that my friends were watching out for me.
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-3-31 16:37     标题: 愚人节 April Fool's Day

April fool's day is a day where many people play pranks and tricks on their friends. Last year on April fool's, some of the girls in my college decided to play a trick on the guys.

They waited until all of the guys were gone from the dorm and in class. They sneaked into the guys' dorm and changed all of the clothes around. They took each person's clothes and put them in a different dorm room.

When we returned to the dorm that afternoon, none of us noticed anything was wrong. But later that evening, when one of the guys went to get a shirt from his closet, we discovered what had happened. It took almost fifteen minutes to find all of our clothes and put them in the right place.

But the girls who played the trick didn't get to enjoy their prank too long, because they all got a fine for breaking the rules and going into the guys' dorm.
作者: owenzwau    时间: 2008-4-2 01:56

作者: owenzwau    时间: 2008-4-2 01:57

瞧瞧!
作者: owenzwau    时间: 2008-4-2 01:58

try to download
作者: owenzwau    时间: 2008-4-2 02:03

什么是用户组(乞丐)
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-4-2 08:14     标题: 回复 30# 的帖子

当金币没有了就成了乞丐了啊,看看新手区有篇置顶的帖子关于用户组的
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-4-7 16:54     标题: 明日歌 Procrastination

Procrastination is one of the major problems that students have at universities. Procrastination means that you put off working on something for as long as possible.

Although professors give the instructions for the assignments usually one or two weeks ahead of time, students often do not start working on the project until the day before it is due.

One of my professors told a story of a student of a previous class that procrastinated too much. He told me that every assignment that he gave in class, this student would not do until the day it was due. He would bring a piece of paper in to class that day, and write out the assignment during class. He would then hand the paper to the professor at the end of class. As expected, the student failed the class.

作者: lisa_zhang    时间: 2008-4-10 13:07

谢谢   出了学校才知道 现在我的英语有多差  诶
作者: tianying    时间: 2008-4-12 23:49

多谢!搂住,太辛苦了
作者: tianying    时间: 2008-4-12 23:52

只可惜我的金币羞涩,下载不了
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-4-14 08:42

那就先去赚钱,赚了再来消费
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-4-18 13:25     标题: 湿游 Wet Camping Trip

Camping is an activity that many college students enjoy. On a camping trip that several friends and I went on, we had a very wet experience.

On the first day that we were camping, the weather was beautiful, and we all had a great time. The second day, however, was not as good. It started to rain in the afternoon, and it continued until the next day.

So we spent a whole day in our tents, trying to stay dry and warm. By the next day, when it stopped raining, we were all too wet and tired to go any further, so we decided to go straight home.
作者: 顾不封    时间: 2008-4-20 01:11

hao
作者: wuqianizy    时间: 2008-4-21 10:34

我要把我的金币全部下完
作者: wuqianizy    时间: 2008-4-21 10:35

为了能下 再顶下 明天再来下
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-4-21 11:16     标题: 回复 40# 的帖子

看看其它帖子嘛,有很多好的啊,可以支持一下呀,发表一下自己的意见,要是看到什么好的东西也可以发上来嘛
作者: NO1    时间: 2008-4-22 08:51     标题: 不错

真不错.
作者: wuqianizy    时间: 2008-4-23 13:04

估计没有金币了 明天再来下
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-4-24 09:16     标题: 棒球 Baseball

The baseball season has begun again here in America and it will last until October, when they play the championship game called 'The World Series'.

Baseball is often called the national pastime of America, and it is because baseball is the most popular sport here in the U.S. It doesn't matter which area of the country you are in, every person there always has a favorite team that they are fans of.

There are all together 162 games in one year, so it seems like each game doesn't matter too much. But fans of baseball teams will watch each game closely, and learn a lot about each player on the team by the time the year is over.
作者: wuqianizy    时间: 2008-4-28 12:03

你发我下
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-4-30 09:24     标题: 课程辅导 Advising

This past week was the week of advising, which each student here in college has to experience. Advising week is when each student will meet with their 'advisor' and plan which classes they will have to take the next semester. The advisor is usually a professor that teaches in the area of study that the student is in.

I had a few troubles this year during advising, because I am a transfer student. What that means is that I attended a different college before, and transfered in to the school that I'm at now. Because of this, many of the classes that I took in my previous school don't fit into my college now.

With my advisor's help however, I was able to plan the classes for next semester, and I am already looking forward to many of the interesting classes that I will take.
作者: wuqianizy    时间: 2008-5-3 12:27

大家5.1快乐
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-5-5 08:29     标题: 复活节 Easter

This past Sunday was Easter here in America. Easter is a Christian Holiday that celebrates the day that Jesus rose from the dead, and it is an important day for all Christians around the world.

One of the traditional ways to celebrate that people here in America do, whether they are Christian or not, is for the children to go on an Easter egg hunt. Eggs are a symbol for life, which fits the meaning of the holiday.

This Easter, I spent the day at my uncle and aunt's house, and since they have a few small children, I helped them set up their Easter egg hunt for their children. My uncle and I hid about a hundred eggs around the outside of their house, and then we let their four children try to find them all.

The children were all excited and it took them only about twenty minutes to find all of the eggs. The eggs were plastic, and inside these plastic eggs were small pieces of chocolates.
作者: wuqianizy    时间: 2008-5-5 11:46

终于更新了
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-5-6 08:29     标题: 回复 49# 的帖子

乖哦,真感动wuqianizy这么爱学习
作者: wuqianizy    时间: 2008-5-7 12:32

作者: DZ    时间: 2008-5-11 08:37     标题: 奖品 Awards

At the end of the year, our school holds a special event, to celebrate that the end of the school year has arrived. At this event, the school gives out awards for each department, so there are, for example, the history student award, or the art student award.

Besides these awards, there is also the professor of the year award, as well as the student of the year award. Both of those are decided by all the students' voting.

At the event, all the students come dressed up in funny or strange-looking costumes. It is almost like Halloween with everyone dressed up. Even the professors come dressed up as well, showing a less serious side of themselves outside of class.
作者: wuqianizy    时间: 2008-5-11 12:33

作者: yfkelly    时间: 2008-5-12 19:48

谢谢
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-5-19 09:44     标题: 短片 Short Films

During the last week of class before the summer, we had a communication convocation for all the students. That is basically just the fancy name for the meeting that we show the films that we had made the last semester.

As a film student, I made about five or six short films this past semester, and along with the other film students, we chose four of them to show to all the students in the school.

It is a nice opportunity to let other people watch what we have done, and hear what they think of the films. This year, our films were fairly good, and we heard from a lot of people that really liked them.
作者: wuqianizy    时间: 2008-5-19 10:25

更新了 赶紧下
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-5-27 09:52     标题: 毕业 Graduation

At the end of the spring semester, most students are looking forward to a summer back at home, working at a job, or relaxing with friends, before they return to school in the fall for a new semester of school.

Senior students have a different experience however. Because they are finishing up their last semester at college, they face a different type of summer than most other students. They have to do everything else normal students do, like finish projects, study for exams. But they also have to start looking for a job and a place to live, as well as getting ready for graduation. They also are getting ready to leave a college that they have been at for the past four years.
作者: wuqianizy    时间: 2008-5-27 12:46

来了 就下
作者: tony_sg    时间: 2008-5-28 22:39

thanks
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-5-31 08:27     标题: 考试 Finals

The last week of school at universities is called 'Final Week'. Each class has a final exam, testing the students on what they had learned the past semester. After the finals, school is done, so everyone looks forward to the finals to be over.

Because the final exams are about all of the schoolwork over the past semester, the exams are really hard, and students spend a long time studying for the exams.

The week before the finals, and especially the weekend before the exams, students will start studying very hard, and will often stay up until very late each night.

But as soon as your last final is over, it feels very good to be done with schoolwork, at least until next semester.
作者: wuqianizy    时间: 2008-6-3 12:18

赶紧下
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-6-10 08:38     标题: 聚会 Party Time!

This Thursday, the floor that I live on in the campus dorms here, had an end of the year party, with a camp fire, food and drinks. The party was supposed to start at ten o'clock, so a couple of friends and I arrived at around 10:05. We were really surprised because no one else was there, not even the two students who were in charge of the party. We looked all around campus trying to see if we could find them, but we didn't see anyone outside at all.

We finally went back into the dorms, and the first student we saw was surprised to see us as well. "Didn't you know that the time was changed to eleven?" he asked us. We all laughed at the mistake that we had made. By that time, it was nearing eleven o'clock, so we went back out to the party. This time, It was nice to see that the party was actually happening. We all had a good time talking and having fun around the camp fire that night.
作者: sunnyqh17    时间: 2008-6-13 12:58

慢快二不误,真好
作者: 525758    时间: 2008-6-19 15:44

怎么样弄到钱啊???????????????????
作者: 525758    时间: 2008-6-19 17:32

是不是 回复一次就能下一个了???????????
作者: ellen7212    时间: 2008-6-25 15:34

nice
作者: 21_ke    时间: 2008-8-28 14:46

很不错,谢谢分享,呵呵
作者: DZ    时间: 2008-8-29 09:15     标题: 回复 64# 的帖子

发帖子赚的钱最多啦.发好帖子尤其是原创贴更赚钱噢
作者: xiaodoudou84829    时间: 2008-9-5 09:07

看着真是不错,就是没有钱来下,攒钱去。
作者: pader2    时间: 2008-9-5 20:50

learn. study  and happy
作者: TINA-GUO    时间: 2008-9-10 14:10     标题: 慢速听力很适合我使用,谢谢版主

作者: DZ    时间: 2008-9-10 16:35     标题: 回复 71# 的帖子

不客气~~大家喜欢就好,我就最开心啦~~
作者: darksheen    时间: 2008-9-28 13:18

谢谢呀,可是我现在没有什么金币下载呀!楼主能加我QQ-----------303212337 发给我吗!谢谢!
                        ---------------------------等老了才想起学英语
作者: zlyyxq    时间: 2008-9-29 18:14

作者: fuyun    时间: 2008-9-30 00:27     标题: 回复 14# 的帖子

如何提高阅读权限?
作者: fuyun    时间: 2008-9-30 00:28     标题: 回复 19# 的帖子

如何提到阅读权限?
作者: fuyun    时间: 2008-9-30 00:31     标题: 回复 26# 的帖子

怎么就过了新手上路了?
作者: tingroom    时间: 2008-9-30 08:34

积分多了权限就高了,也就过了新手上路了,看一下论坛用户组设置
作者: fuyun    时间: 2008-10-3 00:19     标题: 回复 37# 的帖子

顶了再下!
作者: fuyun    时间: 2008-10-3 00:21     标题: 回复 44# 的帖子

顶了再下!
作者: fuyun    时间: 2008-10-3 00:22     标题: 回复 44# 的帖子

顶了再下!
作者: fuyun    时间: 2008-10-3 00:25     标题: 回复 52# 的帖子

顶了再下!
作者: fuyun    时间: 2008-10-3 00:28     标题: 回复 55# 的帖子

顶了再下!
作者: fuyun    时间: 2008-10-3 00:29     标题: 回复 60# 的帖子

顶了再下!
作者: yoyo530521    时间: 2008-10-4 14:51

fuyun狂刷积分阿。
作者: fuyun    时间: 2008-10-5 02:29     标题: 回复 48# 的帖子

再下一个!
作者: dengzhi61401410    时间: 2008-10-8 21:43

Thank you very much. It’s kind of you. Hope you can upload more materials.
作者: ztkhero    时间: 2008-10-31 10:43

权限又不够 了
作者: ztkhero    时间: 2008-10-31 10:43

我要多点积分了
作者: ztkhero    时间: 2008-10-31 10:44

积分啊积分
作者: ztkhero    时间: 2008-10-31 10:44

积分啊积分
作者: ztkhero    时间: 2008-10-31 10:45

积分啊积分
作者: ztkhero    时间: 2008-10-31 10:45

积分啊积分