Board logo

标题: Lily Tests the Water --- Lily的试探 [打印本页]

作者: ljj216    时间: 2008-1-14 17:39     标题: Lily Tests the Water --- Lily的试探

(Lily拿James来试探Sabrina,而Sabrina说出了她的择偶标准不是James这种类型的。Lily开玩笑地对Sabrina说,如果她没有兴趣的话,自己就要发起进攻了!Sabrina则不断地说小强的好话。这时James打电话过来,说其推荐了《双语时代》参加Paul组织的一场商务鸡尾酒会,Paul特意指定要Sabrina参加。)

Sabrina: Lily, I think Xiao Qiang has a thing for you, have you noticed?

Lily: I don't know, and I don't care. We are too familiar with each other; I don't have any feelings for him that way. Besides, you're the one getting chased if I'm not mistaken.

Sabrina: What? What do you mean by that?

Lily: James was practically drooling over you at the furniture store!

Sabrina: I don't think so, and I hope you're wrong. He is nice to have as a friend but that's as far as our relationship will ever go. He's just not my type, I like mature men, not boys.

Lily: Ok…if you really aren't interested in him, leave him for me.

Sabrina: Seriously, I really think Xiao Qiang likes you very much, he's had a crush on you for so long… (mobile rings)…Wei? Hello, this is Sabrina.

James: Hi, This is James. Is now a good time to talk?

Sabrina: Sure, go ahead.

James: My friend Paul is holding a cocktail party the day after tomorrow. He wanted to invite some related media to come, so I recommended Bilingual Time. Paul has already faxed an invitation to your office, and asked you to come.

Sabrina: Thank you very much. I would love to go.

James: You are welcome, Bye for now.

Lily: Bye sweetie! (Shouts and laughs)

(Right after hanging up with James, Sabrina's mobile rings again.)

Sabrina: Hello, this is Sabrina.

The Chief Editor of Bilingual Time: There is a cocktail party the day after tomorrow, we want to send you to do an interview, do you have time?

Sabrina: Of course, thank you! I have time.

The Chief Editor: You've been doing a great job since you came to Bilingual Time, so keep up the good work! You're on your way to becoming a great journalist!

Sabrina: Thank you very much! I still have a lot of things to learn. Bye.

1. …I think Xiao Qiang has a thing for you…
“have a thing for someone”是个俚语,意思是“喜欢某人”或“被某人所吸引”。

2 James was practically drooling over you at the furniture store!
“drool”的本意是“流口水”,所以“drool over someone”的意思有点儿类似于汉语中的“垂涎欲滴”,是说某人的言行举止以及面部表情将其对一个人的好感完全暴露了出来。

3. …he's had a crush on you for so long…
“have a crush on somebody”这个词组有点儿类似于“fall in love with someone”,但是在程度上并没有那么重,可能只是一时的兴起,维持不了太长的时间。这个词组经常用来形容十来岁的青少年对某人的好感和爱恋,例如,“High school students are often said to have a crush on certain teachers.”

以上内容由《双语时代》杂志社友情提供!

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2