Board logo

标题: “中国制造”马丁·路德·金 [打印本页]

作者: 凉茶    时间: 2011-8-29 14:27     标题: “中国制造”马丁·路德·金

本帖最后由 凉茶 于 2011-8-29 14:29 编辑

Martin Luther King memorial made in China

“中国制造”马丁·路德·金

It is perhaps a fitting tribute to racial co-operation. However, the decision to outsource to China the carving of a new national memorial to Martin Luther King has raised eyebrows in the United States.
它也许是种族合作的一大献礼。但是,将马丁·路德·金纪念馆雕像外包给中国人来负责无疑会遭到许多的美国人质疑。
The 30ft-tall statue, which forms the centrepiece of a $120 million (£73 million), four-acre memorial to Dr King, opened to the public on Monday on the National Mall in Washington. It is the only memorial on the Mall that does not honour a president or fallen soldiers.
这一高30英尺,耗资足有1.2亿(约合7,300万英镑),总面积达四亩的马丁·路德·金纪念雕像已于周一在华盛顿中央广场向公众开放。这是唯一一个不是为纪念总统或是烈士而设的纪念馆。      

[attach]12313[/attach]
马丁·路德·金雕像

However, there has been controversy over the choice of Lei Yixin, a 57-year-old master sculptor from Changsha in Hunan province, to carry out the work. Critics have openly asked why a black, or at least an American, artist was not chosen.
对于该雕像的设计师——57岁高龄的湖南长沙雕刻大师,雷宜锌,之前的美国社会产生了很多的争议。有评论家公开质疑,为什么不是一个黑人,或至少是一个美国人,来为马丁·路德·金制作雕像。
Dr King's son, Martin Luther King III, has defended the outsourcing.
马丁·路德·金的儿子,马丁·路德·金三世则对此次的作品甚是满意。
"I have seen probably 50 sculptures of my dad, and I would say 47 of them are not good reflections," he said, to USA Today."This particular artist: he has done a good job."
他对《今日美国》报这样说道,“我看过差不多50尊我父亲的雕像,我必须得说,其中有47尊都没有很好的刻画出我父亲的神韵。但是,雷先生,他做到了,他的作品很棒。”

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2