Board logo

标题: 【名著简读本】-2011.10.26-海底两万里(4) [打印本页]

作者: blueskywhy    时间: 2011-10-26 15:28     标题: 【名著简读本】-2011.10.26-海底两万里(4)

本帖最后由 blueskywhy 于 2011-10-26 15:30 编辑

第一男猪脚已经出现啦。。。看看海怪有什么新消息吧。记得翻译得分哈!

While these events were taking place, I had just returned from doing scientific research in the disagreeable American state of Nebraska. I was, at that time, the Assistant Professor at the museum of Natural History in Paris. After six months in Nebraska. I arrived in New York at the end of March with many precious things to take back to the museum in Paris. I was to return to France at the beginning of May. Until then, I continued my studies of plants and animals. I had been perfectly informed about the sea monster. I had read all the American and European newspaper still without being able to explain the terrible events. I sometimes believed there to be a sea monster, indeed, but at other times, I knew such things were impossible.

发生这些事情的时候,我当从美国内布拉斯加州做完科研回来,那里真不讨人喜欢。那时我还是巴黎自然历史博物馆的一个助理教授。我在内布拉斯加呆了半年后,三月底满载着要带回巴黎博物馆的珍贵物品来到纽约。五月初我返回法国,然后继续研究植物和动物。

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

I arrived in New York shortly after the British ship was damaged. The idea of the sea monster being a floating island was soon forgotten, as the monster traveled great distances in quite a short amount of time. People now believed one of two things, that either it was a monster with great strength or a submarine with a powerful motor.

在英国轮船受损后不久,我来到纽约。认为那个庞然大物是浮岛的想法很快被人们抛在脑后,因为海怪在如此短的时间内移动这么远的距离。人们认为它只能是这两者之一:要么是力大无比的海怪,要么是拥有强大动力的潜艇。

作者: sunnyraintsk    时间: 2011-10-26 17:19

关于那只海怪的故事,我已知道很多。我读了所有美国和欧洲的报纸,却仍无法解释这些可怕的事件。有时我相信确实有一只海怪,但其实,我知道这些是不可能的。

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2