Board logo

标题: 【名著简读本】-2011.11.11-地心游记(17) [打印本页]

作者: blueskywhy    时间: 2011-11-11 18:18     标题: 【名著简读本】-2011.11.11-地心游记(17)

For three long hours my uncle worked without stopping for a moment. Soon, it became dark out. Still working in his study, my uncle saw nothing but the piece of ancient writing in front of him. I soon fell asleep on the sofa, while my uncle went on working.
整整三个小时,我叔叔一刻不停的工作着。
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
很快我就在沙发上睡着了,而我叔叔还一直在工作。

When I woke up the next morning, my poor uncle was still working to discover the meaning, with red eyes and a pale face. I really pitied him. He was so concerned with finding out the meaning that he forgot all other emotions.

第二天早晨我醒来时,我可怜的叔叔仍然努力地寻找文字的意义。他双眼发红,面色苍白。我真的可怜他。他一心专注于寻找文字的意义,已经全然忘记了其他的情绪。

I could have told him the meaning of the writing, but I did not. Why did I remain silent? Because I felt my uncle would not benefit from such knowledge. No, no, I thought, I won't tell him. He'd  want to go there, and he'd risk his life to go. I won't tell him the secret. Let him find it by himself if he can.

我本可以告诉他文字的意义,但是我没有这样做。我为什么保持沉默呢?因为我觉得我叔叔从其中得不到好处。不,不,我想我能告诉他。他会想去那儿,他会不惜生命危险。我不能告诉他这个秘密,如果他能地话,就让他自己发现吧。
作者: yolanda-zhang    时间: 2011-11-12 11:29

Soon,it became dark out.Still working in his study,my uncle saw nothing but the piece of ancient writing in frront of him.不一会天就黑透了,叔叔仍然在研究着,除了眼前的古著他什么都看不见。
作者: sunnyraintsk    时间: 2011-11-14 16:00

Soon, it became dark out. Still working in his study, my uncle saw nothing but the piece of ancient writing in front of him.
很快天就黑了,他仍在书房研究着,除了眼前的古文字作品叔叔什么都不看。

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2