Board logo

标题: My Knight in Shining Armor 救美的英雄! [打印本页]

作者: ljj216    时间: 2008-11-26 16:05     标题: My Knight in Shining Armor 救美的英雄!

In Europe, during medieval times (or the Middle Ages), a man who has demonstrated great merit, meaning done something that deserves reward
or recognition, or completed a service for the country, could be deemed a knight by the king or queen of the country.  Furthermore, this
phrase often means a man who might have protected the honor of a lady or saved a lady in distress.  Thus, the phrase, “my knight in
shining armor” would be referring to a person, usually a man, who comes to the aid of another, usually a woman, in a noble, brave and
courteous manner.  To recap, when you hear someone say, “my knight in shining armor,” now you’ll know that they mean someone who has
been a great help or saved them in some regard.  在中世纪,国王或王后会授予享有荣誉的那些男子骑士的称号。而后,此个短语用来形容拯救陷于危境
中女子的那些"英雄"人士。

Examples:
My car’s tire went flat when I was driving home from my trip on Saturday.  It was the middle of the night and pitch black outside, and I
was 30 miles away, but Tom got out of bed, drove out to meet me and fixed it with the spare tire he brought with him.  And to make sure I
wasn’t scared, he stayed on the phone with me the entire time when he was on the way.  He’s truly my knight in shining armor.    当我周
六开车回家时,我的车胎爆了。那时正是子夜时分,车外乌黑一片,而我离目的地还有30英里。但是Tom却起床并开车来接我,他还用他带着的备用轮胎帮我修
理。为了让我不担惊受怕,他在来的路上一直和我保持通话。他真的是拯救我的英雄!
Web English

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2