Board logo

标题: 双语资讯:奥巴马网上晒菜谱 [打印本页]

作者: 雨落风残    时间: 2012-4-9 18:21     标题: 双语资讯:奥巴马网上晒菜谱

本帖最后由 雨落风残 于 2012-4-9 18:25 编辑

Barack Obama may be wrangling with health reform, job creation and an up-coming election but the most pivotal political issue of the day is the ingredients in his favourite chili recipe.
The dish appears on his latest social networking sign-up, Pinterest - an online scrapbook and image-sharing site that is fast becoming the hottest place to be `seen` for the online community.On the page, which already has nearly 9,000 followers, pictures of Obama-themed cupcakes, Bo the Obamas` dog and voter-friendly infographic fact sheets have been posted by the President`s campaign team.
However it`s the Obamas` cooking habits that are proving most controversial.
The chili recipe contains all the usual ingredients: onions, garlic, ground beef, tomatoes and red kidney beans, but it`s the addition of red wine vinegar that is creating a stir.
One commentator, Dina Fraioli, writes: `this is SO NOT how you make chili.`It`s not even chili! There`s hardly any chili spice in it! I want a super hot, hot, hot chili. I expect more President Obama!`
However, Mary Johanna defends the President with: `There are probably a thousand different ways to make a chilli, so why don`t you whiners all chill out.
While PorterfieldsFineArt says: `I like Obama`s whole page. But I`m more interested in what Michelle might pin.`
As well as cooking, the page taps into the nation`s love of animals. On the pet lovers` page, supporters browse photos of the President enjoying some downtime with the family`s Portuguese water dog Bo.
Barack Obama already has a powerful presence on social networking sites, such as Tumblr, Facebook and Foursquare, and Pinterest is the latest in his campaign arsenal.
奥巴马总统可能正为医保改革,就业问题和即将到来的总统选举受争论。但是最近大家最关注的“政治事件”却是总统最爱的辣椒酱配方。
奥巴马近日加入了社交网站Pinterest。Pinterest是一个最近非常火爆的线上剪贴类图片社交网站。该账号由他的竞选团队负责运营,其粉丝数已达9000人。奥巴马的Pinterest账号上有不少图片和视频,内容包括选举支持率的图片以及家庭菜谱,当然还有他的家庭和宠物等。奥巴马最近在Pinterest发布了辣椒酱菜谱。
正是总统奥巴马的烹饪方式引发了网友的热议。
这则菜谱包括了所有传统的配料:洋葱,大蒜,牛肉酱,番茄和红芸豆。但备受争议的是:总统先生还加入了新配料——红葡萄酒醋。
有网友(Dina Fraioli)这样写到:“这根本不是做辣椒酱的方法。这里面一点辣椒的辣味都没有,我认为辣椒酱应该非常非常辣!我对奥巴马总统有更大的期待。”
而支持者(Mary Johanna)表示:“有上千种做辣椒酱的方法,抱怨的人们应该冷静下来。”
其他的网友(PorterfieldsFineArt)说:“我喜欢奥巴马的页面。但是我对第一夫人米歇尔会贴什么更好奇。”
除了烹饪外,总统的Pinterest也迎合了人们对动物的喜爱。在宠物爱好者的页面,支持者们浏览总统在休息时间和他的宠物——葡萄牙水犬Bo的互动照。
奥巴马总统对社交网络很有兴趣,早已在推特、脸谱、Tumblr和Foursquare等社交网站注册。
作者: 雨落风残    时间: 2014-4-18 17:33

pivotal=important
So why don't you whiners all chill out?
downtime 停机时间

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2