Board logo

标题: 【每日英语美文】 »三种激情- part.2 [打印本页]

作者: 心魔作祟    时间: 2012-7-30 23:38     标题: 【每日英语美文】 »三种激情- part.2

I have sought love, first, because it brings ecstasy –ecstasy so great that I would often have sacrificed all the rest of life for a few hours of this joy. I have sought it, next, because it relieves loneliness--that terrible loneliness in which one shivering consciousness looks over the rim of the world into the cold unfathomable lifeless abyss. I have sought it, finally, because in the union of love I have seen, in a mystic miniature, the prefiguring vision of the heaven that saints and poets have imagined. This is what I sought, and though it might seem too good for human life, this is what- at last- I have found.
    With equal passion I have sought knowledge. I have wished to understand the hearts of men. I have tried to apprehend the Pythagorean power by which number holds sway above the flu. A little of this, but not much, I have achieved.

在闲暇时读上一篇唯美的文章是种多美好的休闲方式啊!
美文共享,希望大家喜欢!
文章的语言也很优美。

中文翻译:
我曾经寻找爱,首先是因为它能使我欣喜若狂——这种喜悦之情如此强烈,使我常常宁愿为这几个小时的愉悦而牺牲生命中的其他一切。我寻求爱,其次是因为爱能解除孤独——在这种可怕的孤独中,一颗颤抖的良心在世界的边缘,注视着下面冰凉、毫无生气、望不见底的深渊。我寻求爱还因为在爱的融合中,我能以某种神秘的图像看到曾被圣人和诗人想象过的天堂里未来的景象。这就是我所追求的东西,虽然这似乎对于人类的生命来说过于完美,但这确实是我最终发现的东西。
我怀着同样的激情去寻找知识,我曾渴望着理解人心,我曾渴望知道为何星星会闪烁,我还企图弄懂毕达哥拉斯所谓的用数字控制变化的力量,但在这方面,我只知道一点点。

作者: tingroom    时间: 2012-7-31 17:20

很棒。
作者: kobe    时间: 2012-7-31 17:46

越看越喜欢

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2