Board logo

标题: 1月25日英语故事:A Ball to Roll Around [打印本页]

作者: x-ace    时间: 2010-1-25 15:31     标题: 1月25日英语故事:A Ball to Roll Around

can you understand the little story?have a try and tranlate the red one into to Chinese to gain the score.

I lost my sight when I was four years old by falling off a box car in a freight yard in Atlantic City and landing on my head. Now I am thirty-two. I can vaguely remember the brightness of sunshine and what color red is. It would be wonderful to see again, but a calamity can do strange things to people. It occurred to me the other day that I might not have come to love life as I do if I hadn’t been blind. I believe in life now. I am not so sure that I would have believe in it so deeply, otherwise. I don’t mean that I would prefer to go without my eyes. I simply mean that the loss of them made me appreciate the more what I had left.
Life, I believe, asks a continuous series of adjustments to reality. The more readily a person is able to make these adjustments, the more meaningful his own private world becomes. The adjustment is never easy. I was bewildered and afraid. But I was lucky. My parents and my teachers saw something in me——a potential to live , you might call it—— which I didn’t see, and they made me want to fight it out with blindness.
作者: 天天田田    时间: 2010-1-26 13:01

Let's me try!
  在4岁的时候,一辆开往大西洋城的货车上掉下一件货物砸到我的头上,导致失明。现在我32岁,能依稀的记得灿烂的阳光和那鲜艳的红色。如果能恢复光明对于我将是一件让人高兴的事情,但是同时这对于其他人来说也确实是一个灾难。一天有一个想法浮现在我的脑海里,如果不是失明的话,我可能不会如此的珍爱我的生命。现在我热爱着我的生活,否则我不会如此的深信它。但这并不意味着,我愿意失去我的眼睛。这仅仅意味着当失去了他们,使我欣赏到了更多的东西。我相信生活,会教会我们一系列的方法去调整自己,来面对现实。越多的准备做个人调整,就会对个人世界有越多的意义。调整并不是一件容易的事情。我曾经困惑害怕。但是我很幸运。我的父母和老师是我看到了我没有看到的东西——可以称之我潜在的生活,努力的争取和失明抗争。
That's all. Because my English is poor ,may be a lot of mistakes in the sentence. Hope you can give me some good advice and help me to improve oral English. Meanwhile, i will try my best .
作者: halo    时间: 2010-1-26 20:17

天天田田,you did a great job,I am impressed,I hope you can practice more and more to improve your english,and you know I will be glad to see your progress.

2# 天天田田
作者: kylezhou2010    时间: 2010-1-27 09:30

vaguely  
[ˈveiɡli]
adv.
含糊地; 不明确地
There was a sweetish smell, vaguely reminiscent of coffee.
有一股甜丝丝的气味, 使人隐隐觉得像是咖啡。
大致上; 近似地
心不在焉地

thanks for share,
作者: 天天田田    时间: 2010-1-27 22:36

halo   Thank you very much for your encourage!
I think with your help ,i can do it very well.I can because i think you can. At the same time i know action speak louder than word!
天天田田,you did a great job,I am impressed,I hope you can practice more and more to improve your english,and you know I will be glad to see your progress.
3# halo
作者: x-ace    时间: 2010-1-28 09:01

halo is really a warm-hearted man who is always ready to help others.

5# 天天田田

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2