Board logo

标题: 【美文】What I have Lived for 我为何而生 part.1 [打印本页]

作者: 心魔作祟    时间: 2012-8-18 23:14     标题: 【美文】What I have Lived for 我为何而生 part.1

Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind. These passions, like great winds, have blown me hither and thither, in a wayward course, over a deep ocean of anguish, reaching to the very verge of despair.

三种激情虽然简单,却异常强烈,它们统治着我的一生:对爱的渴望,对知识的追求,对人类苦难的难以忍受的怜悯。这些感情如阵阵巨风,吹拂我的飘来荡去,在一个任性的过程中,越过痛苦的海洋,直抵绝望的边缘

I have sought love, first, because it brings ecstasy---ecstasy so great that I would often have sacrificed all the rest of my life for a few hours for this joy. I have sought it, next, because it relieves loneliness---that terrible loneliness in which one shivering consciousness looks over the rim of the world into the cold unfathomable lifeless abyss. I have sought it, finally, because in the union of love I have seen, in a mystic miniature, the prefiguring vision of the heaven that saints and poets have imagined. This is what I sought, and though it might seem too good for human life, this is what---at last---I have found.

我寻求爱,首先是因为它使人心醉神迷,这种陶醉是如此---伟大的,我常常有这样的幸福而牺牲的那几个小时,我的余生。我寻求爱,还因为它解除孤独---那种可怕的孤独中,一颗颤抖的灵魂在世界进入冰冷,无底,死寂的深渊。我寻求爱,还因为在爱的结合中,我看到一个神秘的缩影,在天堂景象圣贤和诗人们所想象的。这就是我所追求的,虽然这似乎太为人类生活的好,这就是--- ---我终于找到了。

作者: kobe    时间: 2012-8-19 16:19

I have the same question:
What I have Lived for?

Maybe It's what you say

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2