Board logo

标题: 【美文】 »自由思想与心灵的作用-part.3完结 [打印本页]

作者: 心魔作祟    时间: 2012-10-24 00:02     标题: 【美文】 »自由思想与心灵的作用-part.3完结

I believe in the human race. I believe in the warm heart. I believe in man's integrity. I believe in the goodness of a free society. And I believe that the society can remain good only as long as we are willing to fight for it — and to fight against whatever imperfections may exist.My fight was against the barriers that kept Negroes out of baseball. This was the area where I found imperfection, and where I was best able to fight. And I fought because I knew it was not doomed to be a losing fight. It couldn't be a losing fight-not when it took place in a free society. And in the largest sense, I believe that what I did was done for me — that it was my faith in God that sustained me in my fight. And that what was done for me must and will be done for others.

中文翻译:

我相信人类。我相信热诚的心。我相信人们的正直与诚实。我相信自由社会中的美德。我相信只要我们愿意为之奋斗,愿意与所存在的缺陷抗争到底,这个社会就能永远美好。棒球比赛将黑人拒之门外就是人类社会的一种缺陷。既然我有这个能力,我就要和这种现象抗争到底。我抗争,因为我知道这场战斗并非注定以失败告终。这场战斗不会失败——在一个自由社会中这场战斗不可能失败。大而言之,我所做到的一切都市上苍的眷顾——正是我对上帝的信仰支撑着我,给我抗争的勇气。我相信被眷顾的不仅仅是我一个人,而应是、也将是我们所有人。

我相信,请你也相信!

作者: 薇生物    时间: 2012-10-24 10:05

fight it! fight it!

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2