Board logo

标题: 【美文】»放慢你的脚步 part.1 [打印本页]

作者: 心魔作祟    时间: 2012-10-26 23:31     标题: 【美文】»放慢你的脚步 part.1

A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighborhood street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out from between parked cars and slowed down when he thought he saw something.
一位年轻的总裁,以有点快的车速,开着他的新Jaguar经过住宅区的巷道。他必须小心游戏中的孩子突然跑到路中央,所以当他觉得小孩子快跑出来时,就要减慢车速。

As his car passed, one child appeared, and a brick smashed into the Jag's side door. He slammed on the brakes and spun the Jag back to the spot from where the brick had been thrown.
就在他的车经过一群小朋友的时候,一个小朋友丢了一块砖头打到了他的车门,他很生气的踩了煞车并后退到砖头丢出来的地方。

He jumped out of the car, grabbed some kid and pushed him up against a parked car, shouting, "What was that all about and who are you? Just what the heck are you doing?"Building up a head of steam, he went on"That's a new car and that brick you threw is gonna cost a lot of money. Why did you do it?"
他跳出车外,抓了那个小孩,把他顶在车门上说:“你为什么这样做,你知道你刚刚做了什么吗?” 接着又吼道:“你知不知道你要赔多少钱来修理这台新车,你到底为什么要这样做?”

“Please, mister, please, I'm sorry. I didn't know what else to do!”pleaded the youngster." It's my brother," he said. "He rolled off the curb and fell out of his wheelchair and I can't lift him up.
小孩子求着说:“先生,对不起,我不知道我还能怎么办?” 他接着说:“因为我哥哥从轮椅上掉下来,我没办法把他抬回去。”

Sobbing, the boy asked the executive, "Would you please help me get him back into his wheelchair? He's hurt and he's too heavy for me."
那男孩啜泣着说:“你可以帮我把他抬回去吗?他受伤了,而且他太重了我抱不动。”

文章有点长,嘻嘻,大家不要偷懒哦!我们一起学习了!

作者: tang24    时间: 2012-11-4 19:07

Slow down your step

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2