Board logo

标题: 六级练习2013.07.03 [打印本页]

作者: Rebecca949    时间: 2013-7-4 10:15     标题: 六级练习2013.07.03

[audio]http://sound.yywz123.com/tingbbs/cet6/cet620130703.mp3[/audio]

M: Hey, Jane. What's so interesting?
W: Hi, Tom. (1)__________________________________________________.
M: The Ice Age? There weren't any societies then,
just a group of people living in the cave.
W: That's what people used to think.But a new exhibit of the America museum of natural history showed Ice Age people were surprisingly advanced.You may never hear of it.
M: Oh, really? In what ways?
W: Well, Ice Age people were the inventors of language,art, and music as we know it.And they didn't live in caves, they built their own shelters.
M: What did they use to build them?(2)_________________________________________.Of course they couldn't live in the ice blocks.
W: In some of the warmer climates,they did build the houses of wood.In other places, they used animal bones and skins or lived in natural stone shelters.
M: How did they stay warm?Animal skin walls don't sound very sturdy(坚固的).
W: Well, it says here that in the early Ice Age,they often faced the house towards south to take the advantage of the sun,a primitive sort of solar heating.
M: Hey, that's pretty smart.But when night comes, it is still a problem to keep warm.
W: They had some solution.People in the late Ice Age even insulated their homes by putting heated stones on the floor.They also have some creative ways to make their life better.
M: All these sound interesting.Can I read that magazine article after you're done?(3)_______________________________.
W: Yes, sure.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

作者: susan.sui    时间: 2013-7-5 09:08

I'm reading this fascinating artical on societies  of the ice age.
The old weather would have killed off most of the trees , so they couldn't have used wood.
I think I can use some of knowledge for my recent paper.
作者: 伊梦青依    时间: 2014-6-8 20:21

i am reading this fascinating article on the societies of the ice age

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2