Board logo

标题: A Setting Sun -- Grand Archives [打印本页]

作者: sunny萝卜    时间: 2013-7-11 21:13     标题: A Setting Sun -- Grand Archives

[flash]http://www.xiami.com/widget/0_2456628/singlePlayer.swf[/flash]
作者: sunny萝卜    时间: 2013-7-11 21:14

Though they never broke beyond a small cult audience, Seattle indie folk band Carissa's Wierd (yes, that's how they spelled it) in retrospect seem like an early indicator for the wave of largely acoustic bands partially inspired by British and American folk-rock of the '60s and '70s, from Joanna Newsom to the Decemberists. Splitting suddenly in 2003 after an eight-year tenure, the group splintered into several factions. Singer Jenn Ghetto started the lo-fi D.I.Y. project S, drummer Sera Cahoone opted for an alt-country solo career, and guitarists Mat Brooke and Ben Bridwell formed the indie rock outfit Band of Horses. Following the release of their Sub Pop debut Everything All the Time, Brooke left Band of Horses (which was primarily Bridwell's project) to form his own band. At first called simply "Archives," but quickly renamed Grand Archives, Brooke's new band featured himself on guitar and vocals, backed with bassist Jeff Montano (the New Mexicans), guitarist Curtis Hall (the Jeunes), multi-instrumentalist Ron Lewis (who maintains a solo career under the name Ghost Stories) and drummer Thomas Wright. With a sound inspired in part by '70s acts like Crosby, Stills Nash & Young and the Eagles (all five members sing), Grand Archives made their live debut in Seattle in the spring of 2007, opening for Brooke's former bandmate Cahoone. They subsequently toured with Modest Mouse while preparing their self-titled debut album for Sub Pop, which the label released in February 2008.
作者: sunny萝卜    时间: 2013-7-11 21:15

西雅图的华盛顿以很多东西闻名于世,其中不包含阳光。这张来自翡翠城的五人乐队Grand Archives的首张同名专辑却充满着明亮光泽和温暖——阴沉的时候不需要配上同样阴沉的音乐。
作者: sunny萝卜    时间: 2013-7-11 21:16

[attach]17759[/attach]
作者: 簿子酒    时间: 2013-7-11 23:02

make me easy this song
作者: kobe    时间: 2013-7-12 22:28

好熟悉的吉他的声音....听起来轻松多了
作者: sunny萝卜    时间: 2013-7-14 09:32

回复 5# 簿子酒

I'm glad you like it
作者: sunny萝卜    时间: 2013-7-14 09:32

回复 6# kobe

easy to ease