I won't be bugged by trivia

I love my Carl
I love my Brian my Dennis and my Al
I could even find it in my heart to love Mike Love

I wish I could say the same for you
The day will come soon when I look in your eyes to
see you smiling
作者: sunny萝卜    时间: 2014-3-2 13:27

Belle & Sebastian是一支独立流行乐队,1996年一月成立于苏格兰格拉斯高。Belle & Sebastian与诸如The Smiths和Felt这类有影响力的独立乐队有很多共同之处,也受到了北方灵歌(northern soul)与放客(funk)音乐的影响。
在Jeepster Records厂牌下发行了一些专辑和EP之后,他们现在签约于英国的Rough Trade Records厂牌和美国的Matador Records厂牌。
    这个乐队取名于一个法国儿童电视系列剧,是说一个小男孩和他的狗是怎么互相珍爱的,可以说Belle & Sebastian也相当难能可贵,然而“难能可贵”可以是一个用来骂人的字眼,Belle & Sebastian却不具有这个字眼言外之意的那层贬义的意思——他们内向化却不孤立化,美丽却不懦弱,他们创作的旋律灿烂精致,听上去完整而统一。乐队在吉他手兼主唱Stuart Murdoch带领下,前后一共发行了7张唱片,并打造出一种类似于60年代流行乐以及民谣摇滚的亲密无间却又庄严宏伟的音乐,然而Murdoch的才华不仅仅体现在奇思怪想和超现实主义上,不安忧虑却充满情感的描绘更让歌曲无不反映出一种切实的现实感。
作者: sunny萝卜    时间: 2014-3-2 13:28

A band that takes its name from a French childrens television series about a boy and his dog would almost have to be precious, and to be certain, Belle & Sebastian are precious. But precious can be a damning word, and Belle & Sebastian dont have the negative qualities that the word connotes — they are private but not insular, pretty but not wimpy; they make gorgeous, delicate melodies sound full-bodied. Led by guitarist/vocalist Stuart Murdoch, the seven-piece band has an intimate, majestic sound that is equal parts folk-rock and 60s pop, but Murdochs gift for not only whimsy and surrealism, but also for odd, unsettling lyrical detail keeps the songs grounded in a tangible reality.
作者: sunny萝卜    时间: 2014-3-2 13:30

[attach]18699[/attach]

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2