Board logo

标题: 金梅托创马拉松新世界记录 [打印本页]

作者: xln1120    时间: 2014-9-29 17:31     标题: 金梅托创马拉松新世界记录

Kenya's Dennis Kimetto has broken the marathon world record in Berlin, winning the race in a time of two hours, two minutes and 57 seconds.

肯尼亚运动员丹尼斯·金梅托在柏林打破马拉松世界记录,以2小时2分57秒赢得比赛。

The 30-year-old shook off fellow Kenyan Emmanuel Mutai with just under three miles remaining to become the first man to run a marathon in less than two hours and three minutes.

Mutai, who finished second in 2:03:13, also broke the previous record.

"I feel good because I won a very tough race," said Kimetto.

"I felt good from the start and in the last few miles I felt I could do it and break the record."

The previous world record had been set on the same course 12 months ago by Kimetto's compatriot Wilson Kipsang, who ran 2:03:23.

Kimetto, who won marathons in Tokyo and Boston last year, had promised to attack the record in Berlin if conditions allowed.

And in weather perfect for long-distance running, with temperatures around eight degrees centigrade, Kimetto kept his promise, staying in the lead group throughout and sprinting to victory and a new world's best time.

Mutai, meanwhile, believes a two-hour marathon is possible.

"From what I saw today, times are coming down and down. So if not today, then tomorrow," the 29-year-old Kenyan said. "Maybe next time we'll get 2:01."

Mutai had run the fastest marathon in history in 2:03:02 in Boston in 2011, but it did not count as a world record because the course is considered too straight and downhill.

Scott Overall was the top British athlete in the men's race, finishing 14th in 2:13:00.

Britain's  Shelly Woods  won the women's wheelchair race as she continues her preparation for November's New York Marathon.
更多英语新闻

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2