Board logo

标题: 7月23日英语故事:The Secret of Happiness(Part A) [打印本页]

作者: 星期一    时间: 2010-7-23 11:57     标题: 7月23日英语故事:The Secret of Happiness(Part A)

read the story carefully and then translate the phrases which are marked in red or write down what you get from the story to gain the score. 试着翻译红色的部分或者发表自己的看法.

The old man shuffled slowly into the restaurant.① With head tilted, and shoulders bent forward, he leaned on his trusty cane with each unhurried step.

His tattered cloth jacket, patched trousers, worn-out shoes, and warm personality made him stand out from the usual Saturday morning breakfast crowd. ② Unforgettable were his pale blue eyes that sparkled like diamonds, large rosy cheeks, and thin lips held in a tight, steady smile.

He stopped, turned with his whole body, and winked at a little girl seated by the door. She flashed a big grin right back at him. A young waitress named Mary watched him shuffle toward a table by the window.

Mary ran over to him, and said, “Here, Sir. Let me give you a hand with that chair.”
Without saying a word, he smiled and nodded a thank-you. She pulled the chair away from the table. ③ Steadying him with one arm, she helped him move in front of the chair, and get comfortably seated. Then she scooted the table up close to him, and leaned his cane against the table where he could reach it.

In a soft, clea voice he said, “Thank you, Miss. And bless you for your kind gestures.”
“You’re welcome, Sir.” She replied. “And my name is Mary. I’ll be back in a moment, and if you need anything at all in the mean time, just wave at me!”

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

作者: jasminhuang    时间: 2010-7-23 14:50

① With head tilted, and shoulders bent forward, he leaned on his trusty cane with each unhurried step.
他斜着头,肩膀微微向前倾,拄着藤条拐杖不紧不慢地上来了。
② Unforgettable were his pale blue eyes that sparkled like diamonds, large rosy cheeks, and thin lips held in a tight, steady smile.
他那浅蓝色的双眸像钻石一般晶莹剔透,双颊上微微翻起红晕,薄薄的嘴唇向上泛起一丝微笑。
③ Steadying him with one arm, she helped him move in front of the chair, and get comfortably seated.
她一只手搀扶着他走到椅子前面,请他落座。
作者: zhengglc    时间: 2010-7-23 16:41

作者: zhengglc    时间: 2010-7-23 16:44

这篇稍有一点难度
作者: 小尘土    时间: 2010-7-24 00:51

① With head tilted, and shoulders bent forward, he leaned on his trusty cane with each unhurried step.
他斜着头,肩膀向前弯,拄着藤条拐杖慢慢地走上来。
② Unforgettable were his pale blue eyes that sparkled like diamonds, large rosy cheeks, and thin lips held in a tight, steady smile.
令人难忘的是他那如钻石一般闪亮的浅蓝色双眸,红红的双颊,保持着一丝微笑的薄唇。
③ Steadying him with one arm, she helped him move in front of the chair, and get comfortably seated.
她一只手搀扶着他走到椅子前面,让他舒服地落座。

I think the words that are used to describle the man are very beautiful.
作者: tlyy    时间: 2010-7-24 15:09

thanks
作者: 赫语偕老    时间: 2010-7-26 18:02

1. 随着脑袋的倾斜和肩膀前倾的方向,和依着他的拐杖迈着刻不容缓的步伐

2. 难忘的是,他淡蓝色的眼睛那个闪耀的像钻石一样,通红的脸颊和薄薄的嘴唇保持着沉着的微笑

3.沉稳的他用一个胳膊,她帮他拿出在前面的椅子,并且让他能够舒服的坐下
作者: dengbin1769    时间: 2010-7-26 21:37

隐藏了么子家伙
作者: xujuannan    时间: 2010-7-29 08:09

有点难哦
作者: nielijh0628    时间: 2010-8-2 13:05

I like english!~