Board logo

标题: [9-29]中国寓言故事双语版:仕数不遇 [打印本页]

作者: kobe    时间: 2015-9-29 21:49     标题: [9-29]中国寓言故事双语版:仕数不遇

There was a scholar in the Zhou Dynasty who had tried several times in his life to seek foran official post, but failed again and again till his temples turned white.


周朝有个读书人,一生中几次谋求做官,可是直到两鬓斑白仍然没有做成。


One day, as he was walking on the road, he looked back upon the past and shed tears ofsorrow.


一天,他走在路上,回首往事,伤心地掉下了眼泪。


Someone asked him: "Why are you weeping?"


有人问道: “您为什么哭泣呢?”


He replied: "Several times I have failed to win recognition.


他回答说: “我几次都得不到赏识。


Now I am old and no longer have any opportunity. That is why I am weeping."


现在年纪大了,再也没有机会了,因此哭泣。”


The man asked again: "Then how is it that you have never won recognition?"


那人又问: “那您怎么一次都得不到赏识呢?”


He replied: "When I was young, I studied the classics hard and had all the literaryqualifications.


他回答说:“我少年时苦读经书,文才兼备。


When I sought for an official post, unexpectedly the king liked to appoint old men.


去求官,不料君王喜欢任用老年人。


After the king died, his successor liked to appoint warriors.


君王死后,继位的君王又喜欢任用武士。


I made a determined effort to learn martial arts, but when I had learned the militaryskills, the king who liked martial arts passed away.


我发愤改学武艺,谁知武功刚学成,好武的君王又死去了。


Now the new king likes to appoint young men, but I am already old.


现在新立的君王却喜欢任用年轻人,而我已经老了。


Thus I have never won recognition in my whole life and have never held an official post."


就这样,我终生不曾得到一次赏识,也没有做过一次官。”






欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2