Board logo

标题: 雅思口语话题Part2:谈论自己的家乡--海滨城市 [打印本页]

作者: ivytony    时间: 2015-11-30 13:40     标题: 雅思口语话题Part2:谈论自己的家乡--海滨城市

What kind of place is it? Well – Halifax is a smallish city and by that I mean it only has about 450,000 people but it – feels like a big city – uh – it’s clean, it’s quiet – the people are friendly – it’s got great nightlife  – and –  Halifax is a port city(港口城市,海滨城市) so  – along the waterfront – the area of the city that faces the ocean – there’s always something going on it’s very active – especially in the summertime.

One of the things that I don’t really like or one of the things that I guess I dislike about living in Halifax is that has a very – small town feel in that – sometimes there isn’t enough to do – especially in the winter time when it‘s very cold or a lot of snow on the ground really the only thing to do is stay home – it’s a good place to grow up – it’s a good place to maybe retire but during the middle years and working years, there just isn’t really a lot to do and job opportunities are a little bit limited.

Halifax is not likely to change at all in the future – it’s a very historic city and – Canada likes to protect its history so – Halifax it may develop technologically – it may develop – maybe different kinds of infrastructure – we might get new roads or another bridge or – ferry service across the harbour but mostly the city will – stay – historic looking and keep the small town feel it has now.

更多雅思口语话题

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2