Board logo

标题: [英语话题评论]十个最惹人厌的科技产品使用习惯 [打印本页]

作者: kobe    时间: 2016-9-14 07:19     标题: [英语话题评论]十个最惹人厌的科技产品使用习惯

1. Walking down the street while staring down at your phone

走在街上眼睛却盯着手机

If you live in a densely populated city like New York, you know how hard it can be to simply walk to the corner store without being bumped and jostled by 40 different people. But, hey, that’s life in the big city. What drives people nuts, though, is when they’re walking down the street and the people in front of them decide to stop short because they need to check their latest Snapchat notifications.

如果你居住在像纽约这样人口密集的城市,你就会知道哪怕只是走去街角的商店也可能先后撞到40个不同的人。嘿,这就是大城市的生活呀。但让人抓狂的是,走在街上,前面的人突然停下来,只为了看一眼手机上Snapchat(注:一款社交应用)的新通知。

Even worse are the people who slow to a crawl to tap out texts, as people struggle to walk around them. Yahoo Finance’s Dan Roberts says he’ll now continue walking if he sees a texter coming towards him until they either walk into him or are forced to move.

更糟糕的是有些人为了边走边发短信,就会走得很慢,其他行人只能绕着他们走。雅虎经济网的丹•罗伯茨说,现在如果他看见迎面走来的人正在低头发短信,他会选择直直往前走,直到看手机的人撞上或者避开自己。

So if you need to use your phone and you’re walking down the sidewalk, just move to the side. Or at the very least, avoid Dan Roberts.

所以,如果你走路的时候需要用手机,那么请贴着道边走吧,或者,至少记得避开丹•罗伯茨。

2. Abusing “reply all” in emails

发邮件时滥用“回复全部”功能

We all have that one person in our offices who unnecessarily clicks “Reply all” in response to mass emails. And that person is the living embodiment of evil. If you need to reply to the person who sent the original message, just click “Reply.” The other 500 people in the message chain don’t need to know that you’re going to miss the budget meeting for a dentist appointment.

办公室里总有这样的人,回复群发邮件时爱点击“回复全部”。这种人简直是恶魔化身。如果你要给发送原始邮件的人写回信,只需要点击“回复”就好了。群发中涉及到的其它五百人并不想知道你因为看牙医将缺席预算会议。

3. Sending multiple messages when one will do the trick

信息分成很多条发送

While we’re on the topic of email faux pas, you should also refrain from being the person who sends 15 different emails when you can convey everything you need to say in a single message. That goes double for texts and instant messages.

在我们讨论邮件问题时,还有一点要记住,一封邮件可以说完的话不要分成15封来发送。而人们在发送短信和即时消息时,有人可能会发30条。

4. Touching someone’s computer screen

触碰他人的电脑屏幕

This one is particularly close to my heart. If you’re looking over my shoulder at my computer screen and you want to point something out to me, you’re more than welcome to use your finger to point to it. But you better pray you don’t actually touch that monitor, because I will ruin you. What makes you think I’d like your grubby mitts leaving gross fingerprint marks on my pristine display? You know how hard that is to clean? Just keep your hands to yourself.

这一条我实在太有感触。你站在我背后看着我的电脑屏幕,你当然可以用手来指点上面的内容,但最好不要真的碰到我的电脑屏,否则我会好好收拾你一顿。你凭什么以为我会愿意让你脏兮兮的手在我崭新的电脑屏上留下恶心的指纹印啊?你知道把这些痕迹弄干净有多费劲吗?管好你的手吧。

5. Pulling out your phone while having a one-on-one conversation

一对一聊天时掏出手机看

I get it — not every conversation you have in life is going to be a riveting exchange of ideas. In fact, most of them will probably be so mindlessly awkward you’ll try to chew through your own tongue just to keep from having to continue speaking.

我懂你,不是每场对话都有思想碰撞的美妙火花。事实上大多数对话都漫无目的,尴尬得你恨不得咬断舌头,这样就不用接着说话了。

But that doesn’t mean you should pull out your phone and browse Instagram while the other person is talking. By doing that you’re essentially saying that whatever’s coming out of their face hole is less important than the emoji-laden text you just received from your drunk ex.

但这也不代表在对方说话时你可以掏出手机刷Instagram(注:一款社交应用)。你如果这么做,就表示无论对方的嘴里说什么,都不及你醉酒的前男/女友发来的满是emoji表情的短信重要。

作者: kobe    时间: 2016-9-14 07:20

6. Checking your phone or tablet in bed

在床上时查看手机或平板电脑

I’m not talking about streaming Netflix or checking Twitter before you get some shuteye. I’m talking about even glancing at your phone or tablet while having “adult relations.” If you’re more interested in what’s happening on social media than what’s going on in your bedroom, you might have a problem.

我不是说你不能在睡前看Netflix上的剧或是上一下推特。我指的是你在做那些“成人的事”时就别再看手机了,如果社交媒体上的动静比床上的事情更吸引你的话,那你可就真有问题了。

7. Talking loudly on a bus, subway or anywhere in public, really

在公交、地铁等公共场合大声讲电话

So you broke rule number six and you’re officially single again. That doesn’t give you carte blanch to have long, loud conversations about your breakup on the bus. Everyone else is either sitting quietly or trying to sleep. Even the people having conversations are at least trying to whisper. Just because you’re talking into your phone doesn’t mean everyone around you doesn’t hear you.

好吧,我知道因为第六条的原因,你又恢复单身了。但这不代表你就可以在公交上大声打电话叨叨你分手的事。公交上其他人要么安静地坐着要么就是在打瞌睡,即便有说话的人他们也都知道要小声点。你在大声打电话时,别忘了旁边的人都能听见啊!

In fact, if you don’t know how to talk on the phone without your voice reaching the decibel level equivalent of a jet engine, you probably shouldn’t be able to talk on the phone, period.

事实上,你打电话的声音分贝快赶上喷气发动机了,如果你不知道如何控制音量就不该打电话,嗯,就是这样。

8. Listening to music without headphones

外放音乐

Look, I’m happy you’ve discovered Zayn Malik’s latest album (I actually don’t care), but do you really have to listen to it on your phone without wearing headphones? I mean, I’m totally willing to let that go when we’re outside, but if we’re on a subway or some other enclosed space it’s a no-go.

嘿,我很高兴你喜欢泽恩•马利克的最新专辑(其实我并不关心),但你一定得外放吗?在室外露天场合放歌我绝对没意见,但在地铁等一些封闭场所就算了吧。

9. Don’t call and let it ring long enough to leave a blank voicemail

打电话时让对方铃声响很久,最后留下空白的语音留言

For whatever reason I develop a crippling feeling of anxiety whenever I see the little voicemail icon pop up on my phone. It takes a lot for me to muster the will to even check my messages. So when I’ve suffered through the prompts and chewed through my nails for fear that the voicemail is my boss calling to tell me I’ve been fired, getting a blank message is tantamount to torture.

不知为何,每次看见手机上跳出语音留言的提示我就会很紧张,我需要鼓起十足勇气才敢点开这些留言。煎熬许久,紧张地咬着指甲,我很怕这条语音是老板说我被炒鱿鱼了,结果点开发现却是一条空白信息,天啊实在是折磨。

10. Joining a conference call from the bathroom

在厕所里参加电话会议

I really shouldn’t have to explain this, so let’s just say we can hear everything.

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2