Board logo

标题: 20个为你加分的常见英文习语(双语) [打印本页]

作者: kobe    时间: 2016-11-14 00:22     标题: 20个为你加分的常见英文习语(双语)

1.In the nick of time: 紧要关头。

  You gave me that main idea help in the nick of time – my teacher just gave us a quiz on that reading skill and I passed it!

  你刚好在那个时候帮我找到了主旨,我的老师就安排了一场关于阅读技巧的测验,我通过了!

  2.Let the cat out of the bag: 说出秘密。

  Brady's surprise party is going to be great if you don't let the cat out of the bag.

  如果你先保守秘密的话,布雷迪的惊喜派对会非常棒的!


 3.Let the chips fall where they may: 让某事发生,不管其是好是坏。

  I'm going to just try out for the cheerleading squad and let the chips fall where they may.

  不管结果怎样,我都会去试试参加啦啦队。


4.Lose your marbles:变得疯狂。

  Mom has really lost her marbles; she's making me practice writing the Enhanced ACT Essay seven times this week!

  我妈妈真是要疯了;这个星期她让我写了七篇ACT的作文!

  5.Once in a blue moon: 罕见的。

  In Florida, the temperature drops below freezing only once in a blue moon.

  在弗罗里达,气温降到零度以下是非常罕见的。


 6.Plain as day: 显而易见的。

  It's plain as day that you're in love with her, so just admit it.

  显而易见你已经爱上她了,承认吧。


7.Play second fiddle: 居次位。

  I hate playing second fiddle to my sister; she always does things better than I do!

  我真是讨厌落在我姐姐的下风,她总是比我做的好!

  8.Put your foot in your mouth: 说错话。

  Jessica really put her foot in her mouth when she asked about John’s job right after he lost it.

  杰西卡居然在约翰失业后问起他的工作,真是说错话了。


9.Pull yourself together: 冷静下来;振作起来。

  Pull yourself together, man! Sure, your girlfriend just dumped you and then you got hit by a car, but you can't let those things get you down.

  振作起来,兄弟!虽然你被女朋友甩了,又被车撞了,但你不能让这些事把你击垮。

  10.Sick and tired: 被打扰或困扰。

  She is sick and tired of her dog chewing up her shoes every day.

  她的狗每天都会啃她的鞋子,让她郁闷不已。






作者: kobe    时间: 2016-11-14 00:23

11.Sleep on it: 在做决定前先考虑一会。

  Don't tell me whether you'll move to Texas with me or not today. Sleep on it, and get back to me tomorrow.

  今天先不要告诉我你会不会跟我一起搬去德州。先考虑一下,明天再回复我。

  12.Snug as a bug in a rug:温暖舒适的;满足的。

  That baby looks as snug as a bug in a rug cuddled up next to his mother.

  那个小宝贝蜷缩在妈妈的身边,一副很舒服满足的样子。


13. Step up your game: 迎头赶上。

  Listen, Jen. You'd better step up your game if you want to get all A's in Miss Finch's Physics class. She isn't easy!

  听着,珍。如果你想在芬奇老师的课上得全A,就得奋起直追。她可不是好糊弄的!


 14.Stick your nose into something: 干涉。

  Sharon always sticks her nose into everyone else’s business.

  莎伦经常干涉别人的事。


 15.Straight from the horse's mouth: 来自最可靠的消息。

  Listen to the news straight from the horse's mouth; we're all getting bonuses this week!

  据最可靠的消息说,我们这周都会领到奖金啦!


 16.Take it easy: 放松。

  I know you're not feeling well, so try to take it easy today.

  我知道你难受,今天试着放松一下吧。


 17.Tip of the iceberg: 一个较大问题的显而易见的一小部分;冰山一角。

  The fact that Carrie is dating a member of the mafia is just the tip of the iceberg; she's also smuggling contraband into the country.

  卡莉和黑手党的人见面的事实只是冰山一角,她还参与向这个国家走私违禁品。


18.To not see the wood for the trees: 一叶障目;只看到细节而未注意到最重要的事实。

  She always argues about the silliest things; it’s like she can’t see the wood for the trees.

  她总是在一些鸡毛蒜皮的事上不肯罢休;就像看不到最重要的部分一样。


19.Up a creek without a paddle:处于困境之中。

  If you don't have any money to pay for the repairs we just made to your car, I guess you're up a creek without a paddle because you can’t have your car back.

  如果你没钱支付汽车的修理费的话,那就麻烦了,因为你休想要回你的车。


 20.You rock!: 你真棒!

  Dude. You rock. Thanks for offering to watch my pet iguana all week.

  兄弟你真棒!谢谢你主动提出照顾我的蜥蜴一整周。
作者: 小陶子    时间: 2016-11-14 19:54

In korea, plenty of antis  paraded through the city center once in a blue moon.




欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2