Board logo

标题: The heat is on 忙碌的日子即将开始 [打印本页]

作者: kobe    时间: 2017-7-24 23:40     标题: The heat is on 忙碌的日子即将开始

内容简介

名词“heat”可以表示“热、高温,热度”,但英式俚语表达“the heat is on”的意思和“热”可没有关系。听节目,学习一个在需要承受压力时可以用到的说法。

文字稿

(关于台词的备注: 请注意这不是广播节目的逐字稿件。本文稿可能没有体现录制、编辑过程中对节目做出的改变。)

Neil:Hello and welcome to Authentic Real English. In this programme, we have an expression which you can use when you are under a lot of pressure. I'm Neil and joining me is Feifei.

Feifei:大家好。

Neil:Feifei, if you don't mind me saying, you're looking a little… informal today.

Feifei:Well it's true I wouldn't normally come into work in my beachwear. 但这还不是因为你跟我说天气会特别特别热吗?But you did warn me about the temperature.

Neil:The temperature? To be honest the temperature feels pretty normal in here today and… well, no one else is wearing a bikini.

Feifei:那你为什么给我发消息说“Just to warn you, the heat is on”?

Neil:Ahhh, I see. I meant that we've got to record and publish the programme by midday – so we're under pressure to get it done. The expression 'the heat is on' is not actually connected to the temperature… Sorry.

Feifei:Right. OK. Let's hear some examples while I wrap myself in a towel.

Examples

The deadline's tomorrow and we haven't even started! The heat's really on now.

The heat is on for United. If they don't win their last 5 matches they'll lose their place in the Premier League.

Feifei:原来,英语(精品课)俚语表达“the heat is on”的意思是“开始一段既忙碌又充满压力的日子”,它着重强调不光要赶紧开始忙碌的工作,而且也会感到很大的压力。

Neil:Yes, and the heat might really be on for you now, Feifei.

Feifei:What do you mean?

Neil:Well, swimwear is against the office dress code. Look out! Here come the BBC fashion police.

Feifei:Quick – throw me myflip-flops and I'll run!

Neil:Off you go. Bye!

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2