Board logo

标题: 看笑话学英语:A Rich Father [打印本页]

作者: kobe    时间: 2018-1-10 07:51     标题: 看笑话学英语:A Rich Father

John D.Rocke feller, the wellkn own millionaire,gave away millions, but he himself was very mean about small sums of money. One day he went to stay at a hotel in New York and asked for the cheapest room in it. He said,“I am staying here alone and only need a small room.”

The manager showed him into a room and said,“This is our smallest and cheapest room,” and added,“but why do you choose a poor room like this? When your son stays here, he always has our most expensive room ;yours is our cheapest.”

“Oh!yes,”said Rockefeller,“but his father is a rich man;mine isn't.”

作者: kobe    时间: 2018-1-10 07:52

John D.Rocke feller, the wellkn own millionaire,gave away millions, but he himself was very mean about small sums of money. One day he went to stay at a hotel in New York and asked for the cheapest room in it. He said,“I am staying here alone and only need a small room.”

The manager showed him into a room and said,“This is our smallest and cheapest room,” and added,“but why do you choose a poor room like this? When your son stays here, he always has our most expensive room ;yours is our cheapest.”

“Oh!yes,”said Rockefeller,“but his father is a rich man;mine isn't.”

有钱的父亲

著名的百万富翁,约翰•D洛克菲勒,捐款达数百万元,但他本人在小钱上却非常节俭。有一天,他去住纽约的一家旅馆,要旅馆里最便宜的房间。他说:“我一个人住在这儿,只需要一个小房间。”

旅馆经理领他到一个房间里,说:“这是我们这里最小最便宜的房间。”接着又说:“可是你为什么要选这么差劲的房间呢?你儿子每次住在我们这里,都要最贵的房间;而你却住最便宜的。”

“啊!是这样。”洛克菲勒说:“但是他的父亲是个有钱人;我的父亲却不是。”

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2