Board logo

标题: 【双语】什么是你身体最重要的部分? [打印本页]

作者: kobe    时间: 2018-4-30 17:33     标题: 【双语】什么是你身体最重要的部分?

My mother used to ask me what the most important part of the body is. Through the years, I would take a guess at what I thought was the correct answer.

When I was younger, I thought sound was very important to us as humans, so I said, "My ears, Mommy."

She said, "No. Many people are deaf. But you keep thinking about it and I will ask you again soon."

妈妈过去常会问我身体最重要的部分是什么。几年来,我一直在想我认为正确的答案。

小的时候,我认为声音对我们人类来说很重要,所以我说:“是我的耳朵,妈妈。”

而她却说:“不是。很多人都听不到声音呀。不过你要继续想这个问题,不久我还会再问你的。”

Several years passed before she asked me again. Since making my first attempt, I had contemplated the correct answer. So this time I told her, "Mommy, sight is very important to everybody, so it must be our eyes."

She looked at me and told me, "You are learning fast, but the answer is not correct because there are many people who are blind."

Stumped again, I continued my quest for knowledge and over the years, Mother asked me a couple more times and always her answer was, "No. But you are getting smarter every year, my child."

她再次问我,已是数年之后。自从第一次的尝试后,我一直在思考着正确答案。因此,这次我告诉她:“妈妈,视觉对每个人都很重要,所以一定是我们的眼睛!”

妈妈看看我,说:“你学得可真快!可答案还是不对,因为有很多人什么也看不见。”再一次被难倒的我继续探求知识。

几年来,妈妈又问了我好几次这个问题,可她每次的回答都是:“不对。不过,我的孩子,你一年比一年聪明了!”

作者: kobe    时间: 2018-4-30 17:34

Then last year, my grandpa died. Everybody was hurt. Everybody was crying. Even my father cried. I remember that especially because it was only the second time I saw him cry.

My Mom looked at me when it was our turn to say our final good-bye to grandpa. She asked me, "Do you know the most important body part yet, my son?"

I was shocked when she asked me this then. I always thought this was a game between her and me.

She saw the confusion on my face and told me, "This question is very important. It shows that you have really lived in your life. For every answer you gave me in the past, I have told you that you were wrong and I have given you an example why. But today is the day you need to learn this important lesson."

去年,我的祖父去世了。每个人都悲痛不已,每个人都在哭泣,就连我父亲都落泪了。我对此印象十分深刻,因为那是我有生以来第二次看到他哭。

当轮到我们去和祖父最后道别时,妈妈看了看我。她问我:“你现在知道身体最重要的部分是什么了吗,我的儿子?”

我对她此时问我这个问题感到十分吃惊。我一直以为这只是妈妈和我之间的一个游戏。她看到我一脸的不解,告诉我:“这个问题很重要,它表明你一直都沉浸在自己的生活中。对于以前你给出的每个答案,我都告诉你答错了,并都举了例子做了说明。但今天该是你学习这重要一课的日子了。”

She looked down at me as only a mother can. I saw her eyes well up with tears. She said, "Son, the most important body part is your shoulder."

I asked, "Is it because it holds up my head?" She replied, "No, it is because it can hold the head of a friend or a loved one when they cry. Everybody needs a shoulder to cry on sometime in life, my son. I only hope that you have enough love and friends that you will always have a shoulder to cry on when you need it."

妈妈低下头,用那种只有母亲才有的眼神看着我。我看到她眼里涌上了泪水。她说:“儿子,身体最重要的部分是你的肩膀啊!”

我问道:“是因为它支撑着我的脑袋吗?”她回答说:“不,是因为当一个朋友或一个你爱的人哭泣的时候,它能给予依靠。我的儿子,每个人一生中都有一些时候,需要一个可以依靠着哭泣的肩膀,我只希望你能有足够多的爱心和朋友。这样在你需要的时候,总能有一个肩膀可以让你依靠着哭泣。”

Then and there I knew the most important body part is not a selfish one—it is sympathetic to the pain of others.

People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did. But people will NEVER forget how you made them feel.

此时此刻我才明白,原来身体最重要的部分应该是无私的,它是对别人的痛苦的同情。

人们会忘记你曾说过什么。人们会忘记你曾做过什么。但人们永远也忘不了你曾带给他们什么样的感受。

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2