Board logo

标题: Remember a child 纪念儿子 [打印本页]

作者: 李冰    时间: 2007-4-4 12:38     标题: Remember a child 纪念儿子

A young man was walking through a supermarket to pick up a few things when he noticed an old lady following him around. Thinking nothing of it, he ignored her and continued on.
一个年轻人在逛超市买东西,发现有个老妇人跟着他。他觉得没什么好在意的,就继续走着。

Finally he went to the checkout line, but she got in front of him.
最后,他去排队付款,老妇人插到了她前面。

"Pardon me," she said, "I'm sorry if my staring at you has made you feel uncomfortable. It's just that you look just like my son, who just died recently."
“对不起,”她说,“真不好意思,我盯着你看使你感到不舒服了。那是因为你长得很像我儿子,他不久前死了。”

"I'm very sorry," replied the young man, "is there anything I can do for you?"
“我很难过,”年轻人说,“我能帮您做点什么吗?”

"Yes," she said, "As I'm leaving, can you say 'Good bye, Mother!' ? It would make me feel so much better."
“嗯,”她说,“你能在我走的时候对我说‘再见,妈妈’吗?那样会让我好过点。”

"Sure," answered the young man.
“当然可以。”

As the old woman was leaving, he called out, "Goodbye, Mother!"
老妇人离开的时候,他喊:“再见,妈妈!”

As he stepped up to the checkout counter, he saw that his total was $127.50.
当他付款的时候,应付金额一共是127.5美元。

"How can that be?" he asked, "I only purchased a few things!"
“怎么会?”他问,“我才买了没几样东西!”

"Your mother said that you would pay for her," said the clerk.
“你妈妈说,你会替她付帐的。”收银员说。
作者: bailongjiang    时间: 2007-4-4 19:30

Humor。haha
作者: Cherry8289    时间: 2007-5-31 23:30

Haha,very interesting
作者: DZ    时间: 2007-6-1 17:23

可怜的年轻人,同情的背后还有什么呢?受骗?不止是幽默吧,其实是个问题了。这也是现在好多人都不敢帮忙的原因。。。




欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2