Board logo

标题: 双语阅读:来自戴尔的建议 [打印本页]

作者: 幽幽草    时间: 2007-4-28 17:27     标题: 双语阅读:来自戴尔的建议

What I saw was a great opportunity to provide computing technology in a more efficient way. That was the core idea of what became dell computer Corporation, and that’s one we were stuck over ever since.   当时我看到一个大机遇就是以更有效的方式提供电脑技术。那后来成为了戴尔公司的核心理念,自那以后我们便一直坚持不懈。
  I started the business with a simple question: how can we make the process of buying a computer better? The answer was :sell the computer directly to the end customers. Eliminate the reseller’s markup and pass the savings on to the customers.
  我是从一个简单的问题开始创业的:我们如何使购买电脑的过程变得更方便?答案是:直接把电脑卖给终端用户。去除转销商这一层的钱,并把省下的钱还给用户。
  It hadn’t occurred to me that others hadn’t figured it out. I thought it was pretty obvious. I am sure if I had taken the time to ask, plenty of people would have told me that my idea wouldn’t work-I have heard that a lot in the fifteen years since starting the business.
  当时我并不知道其他人没有意识到这一点。在我看来,那是相当明显的。我确信当时如果我肯花点时间问问人的话,会有很多人说我的想法行不通-创业后十五年我听过许多这样的话。
  Sometimes it’s better not to ask or to listen-when people tell you something can’t be done. I didn’t ask for permission or approval. I just went ahead and did it.
  有时不闻不问是最好的办法-当别人告诉你行不通的时候。我就没有去问别人的许可和赞同。我只是一往直前的去做了。
  On January 2, 1984, I went back to Austin earlier than I would have to attend classes, and I did all the things you need to do to set up a business. I registered the company with the State of Texas as “PC’s Limited”. I placed ads in the classified section in our local newspaper.
  1984年1月2日,我比开学时间略早一点回到了奥斯汀,我做了一切成立新公司需要做的准备。我注册了个德州公司,名为“个人电脑有限公司”。我在当地报纸的分类广告上登了一则广告。
作者: chm8624    时间: 2007-10-23 18:49

提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2