Board logo

标题: 8月31日英语故事:A Sky Angel 空中天使 [打印本页]

作者: zora    时间: 2010-8-31 07:30     标题: 8月31日英语故事:A Sky Angel 空中天使

read the story carefully and then translate the phrases which are marked in red or write down what
you get from the story to gain the score. 试着翻译
红色的部分或者发表自己的看法.

In 1978, I became a flight attendant for a major airline. 1.Earning my wings was the culmination of a childhood dream that I had set for myself after my first plane ride at the age of five. Like so many others before me, I fell in love with the romance of airplanes, adventure and helping others.

I have flown hundreds of flights since graduation, but one stands out among the many.

We were flying from Los Angeles to Washington, D.C, when I answered a lavatory call light in the coach cabin.2.There I found a young mother struggling with her infant. Everything was a mess, to say the least, and the mother, who was near hysterics, told me she had no more diapers or other clothing onboard the aircraft.

Through her tears, she informed me that they had missed their flight the previous night in Los Angeles and because she had very little money, she and her son had spent the night on the airport floor. Since she hadn't expected to miss the flight, she was forced to use up most of her supplies and whatever money she had to feed them.

3.With the saddest eyes I have ever seen she continued. She told me she was on her way to New Hampshire to deliver her son to the family that was adopting him. She could no longer support the two of them.

As she stood in front of me, crying, holding her beautiful son, I could see the despair and hopelessness on her face. And, as a mother of three beautiful daughters, I could feel her pain.

I immediately rang the flight attendant call button and asked for assistance from the other flight attendants. They brought cloth towels from first class to assist in cleaning up both mom and the infant. I ran and got my suitcase; because this woman and I were about the same size, I gave her a sweater and a pair of pants I had brought for my layover. Then I asked several families if they could spare extra diapers, formula and clothes for the child. After the young mother and her son had changed their clothes and the baby had gone to sleep, I sat with her, holding her hand, trying to provide some support and comfort for the remainder of the flight.

reference

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

作者: hcf20052918    时间: 2010-8-31 07:53

顶一个
作者: laura6688    时间: 2010-8-31 08:46

1.Earning my wings was the culmination of a childhood dream that I had set for myself after my first plane ride at the age of five. Like so many others before me, I fell in love with the romance of airplanes, adventure and helping others.
5岁时第一次做过飞机后,我的最高理想是赢得一枚飞行章。像其他人一样,我爱上了飞机的浪漫,冒险和帮助他人。
2.There I found a young mother struggling with her infant. Everything was a mess, to say the least, and the mother, who was near hysterics, told me she had no more diapers or other clothing onboard the aircraft.
那有个母亲和一个婴儿。不用说,一切乱糟糟的,那个母亲已经快疯了,她告诉我已经没有多余的尿布,飞机上是否还有其他的衣服。
3.With the saddest eyes I have ever seen she continued. She told me she was on her way to New Hampshire to deliver her son to the family that was adopting him. She could no longer support the two of them.
这是我见过的最哀伤的眼神。她告诉我她在去新汉普郡把她的儿子送到一家去领养,她无力抚养2个孩子。
作者: zhjh26    时间: 2010-8-31 09:29

翻译:我从来没有看到过这么伤心的眼神,这个妈妈继续告诉我她正要去新汉普郡把她的儿子送到领养他的家庭。她再也养不起他们两个了。
2.There I found a young mother struggling with her infant. Everything was a mess, to say the least, and the mother, who was near hysterics, told me she had no more diapers or other clothing onboard the aircraft.
翻译:我发现一位母亲正在整理她的孩子。一切都乱糟糟的。这个母亲近乎歇里斯底的告诉我她没有尿布和其他的布类东西了。
.Earning my wings was the culmination of a childhood dream that I had set for myself after my first plane ride at the age of five. Like so many others before me, I fell in love with the romance of airplanes, adventure and helping others.

翻译:自从我五岁第一次登上飞机时起我就设定赚到一枚飞行章是我儿时梦想的顶峰,像其他在我之前的孩子一样,我爱上了飞机的浪漫、冒险和助人为乐
作者: 木棉花开了    时间: 2010-8-31 09:32

在我五岁第一次坐飞机的时候,赚取一枚属于我自己的飞行章,就成了我孩提时代的最大梦想。和在我之前的许多其他人一样,我爱上了飞机的浪漫,冒险精神和助人为乐 的精神。

在那里我发现了一名年轻的母亲和他的孩子,她们努力着。一切都是乱糟糟的,没有多余的话,那母亲快要疯了,她告诉我她没有尿布了,飞机上是否还有其他的衣服

在她悲伤的眼神中,她继续说道,她是要前往New Hampshire ,把她的孩子送去收养他的家庭,他不能养活他们两个了。
作者: 谢岚    时间: 2010-8-31 10:17

1.Earning my wings was the culmination of a childhood dream that I had set for myself after my first plane ride at the age of five. Like so many others before me, I fell in love with the romance of airplanes, adventure and helping others.
5岁那年,我第一次坐了飞机。从那时起,我就梦想着有一天能够得到一枚属于自己的飞行勋章。像很多人一样,我从此爱上了飞行的浪漫,冒险以及帮助他人。
那里有一位母亲正在费力的照料着她的孩子。到处都是乱糟糟的,这位母亲近乎歇斯底里的告诉我孩子的尿布用完了而且她也没有衣服带在身边。
带着我看到过的最悲伤的眼神,她继续跟我讲她正要去New Hampshire 把孩子送往收养他的家庭,她再也养不了两个孩子了。
作者: 魚魚    时间: 2010-8-31 16:26

在我五岁那年第一次坐飞机后,我儿时最大的梦想就成了获得属于我自己的飞行勋章。正如在我之前的很多人一样,我爱上了飞机的浪漫故事,冒险以及帮助他人。
在那里我发现了一名年轻的母亲正努力照顾她的婴儿。我至少可以说,这里的一切都乱糟糟的,还有这位将近发疯的母亲,她告诉我在这飞机上她已经没有任何尿布和衣服了。
带着我所见过的最悲伤的眼神,她继续说道。她告诉我她正在前往新罕布什尔州的路上,以将自己的儿子送到那个收养他的家庭里去。她再也没能力抚养这两个孩子了。

不好意思。。。被些事耽搁了。。。
作者: zora    时间: 2010-8-31 17:06

回复 7# 魚魚

没事啊,主要是你学习学习
作者: 瞌睡虫    时间: 2010-9-1 13:53

自从五岁时我第一次坐飞机,成为一名飞乘员就成了我儿时最大的梦想。就像我的前辈一样,我爱上了浪漫的飞行,冒险和助人为乐。
我发现在那里一位母亲正努力照看着一个婴儿。可以说一切都是乱糟糟的,母亲歇斯底里似的对我说,在飞机上她没有可用的尿布和多余的衣服。
母亲脸上呈现出我所见过的最悲哀的眼神,她继续说,她要去新罕布什尔,把孩子送给那里一个准备收养他的人家。她无力抚养两个孩子。

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2