听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 听力提高 » 系列节目一:同学们来练听力啦!(更新...)
返回列表 发帖

Friend on Guam

I have a friend who lives on Guam. She told me about a storm that Guam had two years ago. It was a super typhoon, with winds that were over 180 miles per hour. My friend told me that in many houses, windows broke during the storm and the houses flooded. Most of the island was wet and salty after the storm. In some places, cars were blown on top of each other. Some buildings lost their roofs, and others were nearly flattened. There were also many other things that were broken, destroyed, or blown away. I would not have liked to have been in a big storm like that. I do not think Buster would have enjoyed it either. My friend on Guam has a big dog like Buster. Her dog stayed in their porch during the storm, but the dog did not like the loud noise that the storm made.
附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

Buster's Brush

Every day I have chores that I have to do. I clean my room, wash the dishes, and sometimes help Mommy sweep the floor, dust, or make dinner. I also have to take care of Buster. I feed him two times every day, and I make sure that he is clean and that he stays out of trouble. Daddy bought a big red brush for Buster and told me that I should brush Buster when his fur is messy and matted. Buster enjoys being brushed. But sometimes when Buster's fur is very tangled, I try to be very gentle so that i will not hurt Buster when I brush him. Even if it does hurt him, he does not get mad. After I finish brushing Buster, his fur is soft and smooth and shiny, and if he has been a good dog, I give him a treat.

Potato Chip

Buster will eat almost anything that we give him. One time, Daddy gave him a piece of a potato chip. Buster had to smell it first, because dogs always smell things to make sure that the things are not bad and will not hurt them. After he had sniffed it, he licked it off of Daddy's fingers and started to chew it. But it was not very long until Buster started choking. Buster began coughing, and Daddy tried to help him. Daddy patted Buster's side and opened his mouth. All of a sudden, Buster coughed up the little pieces of potato chip and they landed all over him, including his face! Mommy saw the mess on Daddy and started laughing, but Daddy did not like slimy pieces of potato chip on him. Mommy helped wash Daddy and reminded him never to feed Buster a potato chip again.

Puppy Buster

When we first got Buster, he was just a little puppy. He was so small that he could fit on Mommy's palm! When he first came home, he cried all night. He missed his mommy. I felt so sad for him. He reminded me of the time when I was in kindergarten when I waited and waited and did not see my Mommy nor my Daddy to come pick me up. So I got out of bed in the middle of the night to play with Buster so that he was not so lonely. After a few days, Buster got used to staying with us and was not lonely anymore. So we were all very happy. Buster was so cute when he was a puppy. I let him chew on my fingers and it did not hurt. I think he knew not to chew very hard. But one time he chewed too hard and I screamed. So immediately he knew he should not have done it, and he licked my fingers. That was his way of kissing me to say sorry.

返回列表