听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 10月22日英语故事:The Fawn Who Played Dead
返回列表 发帖

10月22日英语故事:The Fawn Who Played Dead

read the story carefully and then translate the phrases which are marked in red or write down what you get from the story to gain the score. 试着翻译红色的部分或者发表自己的看法.

The Fawn Who Played Dead
装死的小鹿

Once upon a time, there was a herd of forest deer.In this herd was a wise and respected teacher, cunning in the ways of deer. He taught the tricks and strategies of survival to the young fawns.
  从前,在森林中有一群鹿,这群鹿中有个聪明和可敬的老师,就鹿来说他算狡猾的了,他教小鹿生存的决窍和策略。

One day, his younger sister brought her son to him, to be taught what is so important for deer. She said, "Oh brother teacher, this is my son. Please teach him the tricks and strategies of deer." The teacher said to the fawn, "Very well, you can come at this time tomorrow for your first lesson."
  一天,他妹妹带儿子去他那儿,对鹿来说学习太重要了。她说:“啊,老师哥哥,这是我儿子,请教给他鹿所需的决窍和策略。”老师对小鹿说:“非常好,你明天的这个时间可以来上你的第一课。”

The young deer came to the lessons as he was supposed to. When others cut classes to spend all day playing, he remained and paid attention, to the good teacher. He was well liked by the other young bucks and does, but he only played when his class work was complete. Being curious to learn, he was always on time for the lessons. He was also patient with the other students, knowing that some learn more quickly than others. He respected the teacher deer for his knowledge, and was grateful for his willingness to share it.
  小鹿就照老师说的来上课了。当其它鹿逃课整天去玩时,他留下来认真听优秀的老师讲课。其它的公鹿和母鹿都非常喜欢它,但他只在完成了功课后才去玩。他对学习充满了求知欲,总是准时来上每一节课。他知道有些鹿比其它鹿学得要快,对其它同学也很耐心。他尊重老师的知识,感激老师愿意分享这些知识。

One day, the fawn stepped in a trap in the forest and was captured. He cried out in great pain. This frightened the other fawns, who ran back to the herd and told his mother. She was terrified, and ran to her brother the teacher. Trembling with fear, crying big tears, she said to him, "Oh my dear brother, have you heard the news that my son has been trapped by some hunter's snare? How can I save my little child's life? Did he study well in your presence?"
  一天,这只小鹿踩进森林的一个陷阱里,被捉住了。他在剧烈的疼痛中大声叫喊,吓坏了其它鹿,它们跑回鹿群中告诉了他妈妈。她的妈妈被吓坏了,跑去她哥哥即那位老师那里,害怕得浑身发抖,泪雨滂沱地跟他说:“噢,亲爱的哥哥,你听到我的儿子被某个猎人的陷阱捕到的消息了吗?我怎么才能救我小鹿的命啊?他在您这里的学习令人满意吗?”

Her brother said, "My sister, don't be afraid. I have no doubt he will be safe. He studied hard and always did his very best. He never missed a class and always paid attention. Therefore, there is no need to have doubt or pain in your heart. He will not be hurt by any human being. Don't worry. I am confident he will return to you and make you happy again. He has learned all the tricks and strategies used by deer to cheat the hunters. So be patient. He will return!"
  她哥哥说:“妹妹,不要害怕,我肯定他会没事的。他学习勤奋,总是尽最大的能力学习;他未漏过一节课,始终认真听讲。所以,你不必心怀疑虑或苦恼。任何人都伤不了他。不用担心,我确信他会回到你的身边,再给你带来欢乐的。他学到了鹿用来欺骗猎人的所有决窍和策略。所以耐心些,他会回来的!”

Meanwhile, the' trapped fawn was thinking, "All my friends were afraid and ran away. There is no one to help me get out of this deadly trap. Now I must use the tricks and strategies I learned from the wise teacher who taught so well."
  与此同时,落到陷阱里的鹿想:“我所有的朋友都害怕得跑开了,没有鹿能帮我逃离这致命的陷阱,现在我必须运用从聪明的老师那里学来的他教得那么好的决窍和策略。”

The deer strategy he decided to use was the one called, "playing dead." First, he used his hoofs to dig up the dirt and grass, to make it look like he had tried very hard to escape. Then he relieved his bowels and released his urine, because this is what happens when a deer is caught in a trap and dies in very great fear. Next, he covered his body with his own saliva.
  他决定运用的鹿策略叫做:“装死”。首先,他用蹄子挖起草和土,使这看起来就像他曾非常努力地逃跑;然后,他排出大小便,因为当鹿被陷阱捕捉在巨大的恐惧中死去时就会发生这种现象。接下来,他用唾液涂满身体。

Lying stretched out on his side, he held his body rigidly and stiffened his legs out straight. He turned up his eyes, and let his tongue hang out of the side of his mouth.He filled his lungs with air and puffed out his belly. Finally, with his head leaning on one side, he breathed through the nostril next to the ground, not through the upper one.
  他伸直身子侧身躺着,使身体保持坚硬,再僵硬地伸直四腿,然后闭上眼睛,把舌头从嘴边挂出来。他把肺里灌满空气,再鼓起肚子。最后,把头斜在一边,他透过靠近地上的鼻孔,而非上面的鼻孔呼吸。

Lying motionless, he looked so much like a stiff corpse that flies flew around him, attracted by the awful smells. Crows stood nearby waiting to eat his flesh.
  躺着纹丝不动,他看起来那么像一具僵硬的尸体,难闻的气体引得苍蝇围着他飞个不停,乌鸦也站在附近等着吃他的肉。

Before long it was early morning and the hunter came to inspect his traps. Finding the fawn who was playing dead, he slapped the puffed up belly and found it stiff. Seeing the flies and the mess he thought, "Ah, it has already started to stiffen. He must have been trapped much earlier this morning. No doubt the tender meat is already starting to spoil. I will skin and butcher the carcass right here, and carry the meat home."
  不久以后,天朦朦亮了,猎人来检查陷阱。发现装死的小鹿,他拍拍肿胀的腹部,发现是僵硬的。看着纷飞的苍蝇和粪便,他想:“唔,已经开始变硬了,想必今天早上一大早他就掉到陷阱里了。毫不疑问嫩肉在开始烂了,我就在这儿剥宰它,然后把肉带回家。”

Since he completely believed the deer was dead, he removed and cleaned the trap, and began spreading leaves to make a place to do the butchering. Realizing he was free, the fawn suddenly sprang to his feet. He ran like a little cloud blown by a swift wind, back to the comfort and safety of his mother. The whole herd celebrated his survival, thanks to learning so well from the wise teacher.
  由于猎人完全相信鹿死了,他清除陷阱,接着开始撒树叶准备一个屠宰鹿的地方。
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
整个鹿群祝贺他多亏在聪明的老师那里努力学习,得以死里逃生。

小鹿意识了自由,忽然一跃而起,就像疾风带着云彩一样飞奔到安全舒适的妈妈的身边

评分人数

• 星期一

dfgdsg

小试牛刀翻译的太好了,我的不可能超过他。
小鹿意识到自己自由了,突然一跃而起,像被一阵疾风吹动的一小朵云彩一样飞快地跑回舒适而又安全的妈妈身边。

评分人数

• 星期一

Realizing he was free, the fawn suddenly sprang to his feet. He ran like a little cloud blown by a swift wind, back to the comfort and safety of his mother.
意识到它自由了,小鹿突然一跃而起,他像被疾风吹动的云一样飞奔回母亲的怀抱。

评分人数

• 星期一

Realizing he was free, the fawn suddenly sprang to his feet. He ran like a little cloud blown by a swift wind, back to the comfort and safety of his mother.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
意识到自由了,小鹿突然一跃而起,他像被疾风吹动的一小团云彩一样奔回安全舒适的妈妈身边。

评分人数

• 星期一

返回列表