听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 交流茶馆 » 想学新概念英语2的来,是翻译
返回列表 发帖
Lesson 58 A blessing in disguise?是因祸得福吗?
The tiny village of Frinley is said to   据说弗林利这个小村里有一棵"该诅咒的树".就因为报上提到过这棵树,所以现在来弗林利参观的人越来越多.该是户是50年前载在教堂附近的,但知识近几年才得到了一个坏名声.据说,谁要是触摸了这棵树,谁就会交上厄运;如果谁摘了一片树
possess a 'cursed tree'. Because the tree
was mentioned in a newspaper, the num-
ber of visitors to Frinley has now in-
creased. The tree was planted near a
church fifty years ago, but it is only in
recent years that it has gained an evil
reputation. It is said that if anyone touches叶,谁就会死去.很多村民相信此树已经害了不少人.人们曾请求教区的牧师交人把树砍掉,但他一直到现在也没有同意.他指出,由于人们从全国
the tree, he will have bad luck; if he picks
a leaf, he will die. Many villagers believe
that the tree has already claimed a num-
ber of victims. The vicar has been asked
to have the tree cut down, but so far he
has refused. He has pointed out that the
tree is a useful source of income as tour-
ists have been coming from all parts of各地纷纷前来参观这棵树,它成了一个有用的财源.尽管
the country to see it. In spite of all that has been said, the tourists-have been
picking leaves and cutting their names on the tree-trunk. So far, not one of them
has been struck down by sudden death!有上述种种说法,但游客们还是照常摘树叶和把他们的名字刻在树干上.然而到目前为止,还没有一个人暴死呢!

Lesson 59 In or out ?进来还是出去?
Our dog, Rex, used to sit outside our front gate and bark. Every time he wanted to come into the garden he would bark until someone opened the gate. As the neighbours complained of the noise, my husband spent weeks training him to press his paw on the latch to let himself in. Rex soon became an expert at opening the gate. However, when I was going out shopping last week, I noticed him in the garden near the gate. This time he was barking so that someone would let him out ! Since then, he has developed another bad habit. As soon as he opens the gate from the outside, he comes into the garden and waits until the gate shuts. Then he sits and barks until someone lets him out. After this he immediately lets himself in and begins barking again. Yesterday my husband removed the gate and Rex got so annoyed we have not seen him since.
我家的狗雷克斯,过去常坐在大门外面叫.每当它想到花园里来时,便汪汪叫个不停,直到有人把门打开.由于邻居们对狗叫很有意见,所以我丈夫话了几个星期的时间训练它用脚爪按住门闩把自己放进来.雷克斯很快成.了开门的专家.然而上星期我正要出去买东西时,发现它正呆在花园里边靠门的地方.这次它叫着让人把它放出去!从那以后,它养成了另外一种坏习惯.它从外面把门一打开,就走进花园,等着门自动关上.这之后它就坐下汪汪叫起来,直到有人把它放出去.出去之后,它又马上把自己放进来,接着再开始叫.昨天,我丈夫把大门卸了下来,雷克斯很生气,此后我们便再也没有见到它.

Lesson 60The future 扑算未来
At a village fair, I decided to visit a fortune-teller called Madam Bellinsky. I went into her tent and she told me to sit down. After I had given her some money,she looked into a crystal ball and said: 'A relation of yours is coming to see you. She will be arriving this evening and intends to stay for a few days. The moment you leave this tent, you will get a big surprise. A woman you know well will rush towards you. She will speak to you and then she will lead you away from this place. That is all.'
As soon as I went outside, I forgot all about Madam Bellinsky because my wife hurried towards me. 'Where have you been hiding ?' she asked impatiently. 'Your sister will be here in less than an hour and we must be at the station to meet her. We are late already.' As she walked away, I followed her out of the fair.
在一个乡村集市上,我决定去拜访一位称作别林斯基夫人的算命人.我走进她的帐篷,她叫我坐下.我给了她一些钱后,她便查看着一个水晶球说道:"您的一个亲戚就要来看您了.她将于今天傍晚到达,并准备住上几天.您一走出帐篷,就会大吃一惊.一位您很熟的女人将向您冲来.她会对您说点什么,然后带您离开这个地方.就是这些."
我一走出帐篷,就把别林斯基夫人给我算卦的事忘得一干二净了,因为我的妻子正匆匆向我跑来."您躲到哪儿去了?"她不耐烦地问,"再有不到一个小时你姐姐就要到这儿了,我们得去车站接她.现在就已经晚了."当她走开时,我也 跟着她出了集市.

由于我要上学,后面的课文以后在翻译.

原帖由 wanghjtom 于 2006-8-22 10:31 AM 发表
I went to the theater last week.Fortunately I got a good seat,and the play was interesting.But I could't enjoy it because of the young couple behind me.They always spoke loudly.Then I got angry as  ...

这是新概念2第1 课吗?

返回列表