听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 听力提高 » love notes+听力原文
返回列表 发帖

love notes+听力原文

Love notes

It’s been over 11years now, it was a wintry afternoon, the snow swallowing around the cyder tree outside, forcing little icicles(冰柱) to form at the tips of the deep green foliage, clinging to the branches.

My older son Steven was at school, and Reed, my husband at work, my three little ones were clustered around the kitchen counter, the table top piled high with crowns and markers. Tom was perfecting a paper airplane, creating his only thickness with stars and stripes. While Sam was down upon a self-portrait. His chapping hands,dry first head then legs, arms sticking out where the body should have been, the children mostly concentrating on their work. Tom occasionally tutoring his younger brother on exactly how to make planes fly in the entire lank if the room.

But Laura, our only daughter, sat quietly in growth of her project. Every once and while, she would ask how to spell the name of someone in our family, then painstakingly formed the letters one by one. Next, she would add flowers, with small green stamps, completed with grass lying on the bottom of the page. She finished off each with the sun in upside at the corner, surrounded by an inch or two blue sky.

Holding them at a “I” level, she let out a long sigh of satisfaction. “What are you making, honey?” I asked.
It’s a surprise.” She said, covering up her work with her hands. Next she taped the top two edges of each sheet of paper together, trying her best to create a cylinder(圆柱). When she had finished, she disappeared upstairs with her treasure. It was not until late that evening that I noticed a mailbox taped onto the doors to each of our bedrooms. There was one for Steve, there was one for Tom. She had not forgotten Sam or baby Paul. For the next few weeks, we received mail on a regular basis. They were little notes confessing her love for each of us. They were short letters full of tiny compliments that a only seven year old would notice. I was in charge of retrieving baby Paul’s letters, pages after pages color things, including flowers with happy faces. “He can’t read yet,” she whispered, “But he can look at the pictures.”

Each time I received one of my little girl’s gifts, it brightened my heart. I was touched how carefully she observed our moods. When Steven lost a baseball game, there was a letter telling him she thought he was the best ballplayer in the whole world. After I had a particularly hard day, there was a message thanking me for my efforts, completed with a smile face tagged near the bottom corner of the page.

This same little girl is grown now, driving off every day to the community college. But something about her has never changed. One afternoon only weeks ago, I found a love note next to my bedside. “Thanks for always being there for me, mom.” It read. “I’m glad with the best friend.” I couldn’t help but remember the precious child. Her smile has bought me countless hours of joy throughout the years. There are angels among us, I know, I live with one.

评分人数

• 李武军

thanks for the sharing

good enough .It does help us a lot .thank you~

母亲唯一的小女儿给家庭成员发爱的信,让母亲及所有家庭成员都在一起生活中感受到爱,我觉得很好的文章。

返回列表