听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 高考英语 » 人教版高二英语下册 19单元 威尼斯商人 第一部分
返回列表 发帖

人教版高二英语下册 19单元 威尼斯商人 第一部分

D: Shylock, the world thinks -- and I think so too -- that you are playing a cruel game, but we all believe that you will give it up in the end. Have mercy on Antonio, Shylock. Be reasonable.

S: I've promised to take my pound of flesh. If you won't let me have it, that will be a sign of weakness and no one will trust your laws any more. The greatness of Venice will soon be lost. Antonio is my enemy, and I hate him.

B: Do all men kill the things they do not love?

A: It's useless trying to argue with Shylock. You might as well go stand upon the beach and argue
with the sea. Don't wait any longer. Pass judgement on me and give Shylock what he wants.

B: I'll pay you six thousand ducats for the three thousand ducats that Antonio borrowed.

S: If you offered me six times what you have just offered, I would still take my pound of flesh. Give me my pound of flesh!

D: Let us be calm, gentlemen. Shylock, how can you hope for mercy yourself when you show none?

S: I have done nothing wrong and I fear no judgement. I desire my pound of flesh.

(Enter Portia, dressed as the judge.)

D: Greetings, learned judge! I do not envy you your job. This is a most troublesome case.

P: Greetings! Please be seated. Are you Antonio, and is this your agreement with Shylock? What are you accused of?

A: Shylock does not accuse me of anything. My fate is a consequence of bad fortune.

P: Then Shylock must be merciful. He must have mercy on Antonio.

S: Why must I have mercy on him? Tell me that! I've kept my side of the bargain and I expect him to keep his.

P: Mercy brings good. Mercy falls like the gentle rain from the sky upon the earth. It is twice blessed:It blesses those who give it, and those who receive it. It's the highest of the highest. We should learn to show mercy to others. Do you still ask for this pound of flesh?

S: I ask for my legal right.

B: I offer ten times the money that Antonio has borrowed. Please change the law a little. To do a great right, do a little wrong and in that way we can save Antonio.

P: That's impossible, sir! We cannot change a law. If one law is changed, then people will later want to change other laws.

S: Oh, wise young judge!

P: Let me see this agreement, this promise of Antonio to you.

S: Here it is.

P: I see. According to the law, Shylock may have a pound of flesh to be cut off nearest to Antonio's heart. (to Shylock) Be merciful! Take more than three times your money and let me tear up this paper.

S: I have sworn to heaven to have my pound of flesh. I must have it!

P: It must be so. Antonio, get ready and offer up your breast. And Shylock, take your knife and
prepare to do the deed. Have you brought something to weigh the flesh? A balance?

S: Yes. I have everything ready here.

P: Did you bring a surgeon, Shylock, to take care of Antonio's wounds and make sure that he doesn't bleed to death?

S: That's not a requirement. There's nothing about that in the agreement.

P: Do you wish to say anything, Antonio?

A: Only a little. I am ready for it. Farewell Bassanio. Don't be sad for me. Tell your wife about me
and let her be the judge of my character. If Shylock cuts deep enough, I'll pay him back with all my heart.

B: Let me take you in my arms and say goodbye. I love you more than my own life, more than my wife, and more than all the world. (He cries.)

P: Your wife would not be pleased to hear you say that.

S: We are wasting time. Learned judge, pass your judgement!

P: Take your pound of flesh! I declare the court allows it and the law gives it to you.

评分人数

• 李武军

返回列表