听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【VOA快速教室】 » VOA快速英语2011.05.09(1)
返回列表 发帖

VOA快速英语2011.05.09(1)

本帖最后由 Rebecca949 于 2011-5-16 13:52 编辑

The president's willingness to compromise on the tax deal and his ability to win at least some Republican
support for the START Treaty with Russia and repeal of the military's "Don't ask, don't tell" policy is a sign
of a political shift to the center, said political analyst Richard Wolffe.
政治分析家沃尔夫认为,奥巴马总统愿意在减税问题上妥协,他至少争取了一些共和党人支持跟俄罗斯新的限制战略武器条约
,他撤销了“不问不说”政策,这都是一种在政治上向中间靠拢的迹象。
"The middle ground, these independent voters who do not like partisan politics, are his group," said Wolffe.
"They backed him in 2008 and they turned strongly against Democrats in 2010. He has got to win those back if he
is going to get reelected, so speaking to them, as well as obviously to Democrats, is very important."
他说:“中间地带,也就是不喜欢党派政治的无党派选民,这是他所需要的。这些选民在2008年投票支持他,而在2010年大力
反对民主党人。假如他想获得连任,就必须把这些选民争取回来。”
Analysts do question how long this newfound willingness to compromise will last, especially given the new
political reality in Washington come January when Republicans take control of the House and increase their
minority in the Senate.
分析人士不能肯定这种新的妥协意愿能持续多久,尤其是考虑到明年1月华盛顿会出现一个新的政治现实,共和党人掌控国会众
议院,并且在参议院增加席位。
Some newly elected Republicans are eager for a showdown with the president over the federal budget, spurred on
by conservative Tea Party activists who helped elect them in November.
一些新当选的共和党议员在帮助他们获胜的保守派茶党的推动下,急于在联邦预算问题上跟奥巴马总统摊牌。

thanks

it's not suitable for me just because it's too fast.i think special voa is suitable for me

I think this"Don't ask. Don't tell"policy is good, if it can be prevelant in our interpersonal communications,particularly when concerning with privacies.

Thank you!

it's not suitable for me just because it's too fast.i think special voa is suitable for me

二楼被难度吓到了

why can't i see the video player?

why can't i see the video player?
sx2qikai 发表于 2012-3-20 10:21

你的电脑上有安装播放器么?

呵呵 努力学习

返回列表