听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 2011-5-13故事:大树和小树
返回列表 发帖

2011-5-13故事:大树和小树

本帖最后由 yy2235 于 2011-5-13 19:24 编辑

please read the story carefully,then tell me what are you thinking about when you read the whole story~Don't be shy,just make your imagination fly in your sky!

A  young father asked an elderly neighbor how strict parents should be with their children.

The old man pointed to a rope between a big tree and a young one, saying:"Untie the rope."
       The young father did so and at once the young tree bent. Then the old man asked the young man to tie it again, and immediately the young tree stood upright as it used to.
        Now the old man said,"There, it is the same with children. You must be strict with them for their healthy growth. But sometimes you must let them stand alone to see if they are strong enough. Being strict with them is for the sake of their independence development."

一位年轻父亲问一位上年纪的邻居,父母亲应该如何严格对待自己的孩子。
      老人指着一根绑在一棵大树和一棵小树之间的绳子说:“解开绳子。”
       年轻父亲解开绳子,小树马上弯下了腰。随后,老人让年轻父亲又绑好绳子,小树马上像先前那样站得笔直。
       这时,老人说道:“瞧,这和养孩子一样,为了他们健康成长,你必须严格要求他们。但有时,你必须让他们自立,看他们是否足够强壮。严格要求他们,是为了他们独立发展。”

immediately the young tree stod upright as it used to.   not "stod" instead of "stood".

评分人数

• yy2235

yes,but i am not strict with my children,even sometimes i must hear and obey their ideas。what a poor mother i am,

评分人数

• yy2235

Parents of the child's education is a learned skill that requires parents to let their children think of myself as friend, then we can discuss problems encountered, as the child's learning will be more effective.

评分人数

• yy2235

i have no idea about this topic.
what i can think out is respect & understand

评分人数

• yy2235

i think the childer need a room to  independence .if they stood his parents beside  then  they cann't really  independence ,this is my view.

评分人数

• yy2235

Chindren have their own opion,parents strict with them should use correct way.

评分人数

• yy2235

回复 3# xiaotantan

As you love your children very much, and you don't wanna to hurt them.

It's an art!!

I am a latin dance teacher,I think I am not strick enough and I am just wondering how should I do.Now I've got the answer!!!Thank you!

返回列表