听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » English Corner » Where there's a will,there's a way.
返回列表 发帖
回复 20# kuangye678

Short Memories

During the 1920s,Dad worked hard to support our family,but was very little money left over.
One day,I noticed the sole was almost off one of his shoes and he was putting cardboard in its place so he could go to work.
After he went to bed that night,I quickly took his shoes and went out to the woodshed.Using a small ax,I cut an old inner tube into the shape of the sole and put holes in the rims of the shoes with an ice pick.
I sewed the new soles to the shoes with copper wire and put the cardboard back inside.Then I shined them with soot from the stove lids.
I'll never forget the look on Dad's face the next morning when he saw those shoes.He turned pale,and tears rolled down his cheeks.He went to work without saying a word.
That night,everyone kept looking at me.Dad said we had all learned a lesson that as far as love is concerned,"Where there's a will,there's a way."
I'm now in my 80s,but whenever I think of that look on Dad's face,my heart still feels as if it will swell up and burst.

评分人数

• Sanmal

回复 21# xiaomeixin

this story impressed me most.ths

回复 22# kuangye678

I'm very happy that you like it.

回复 21# xiaomeixin

Nice story and nice sentence!

评分人数

where there is a will,there is a way.

评分人数

You can make it, where there is will, there is a way. Good sentence, I like it, thank you.

评分人数

• xiaomeixin

failure is the mother of success

评分人数

本帖最后由 xiaomeixin 于 2011-6-22 11:12 编辑

Recently ,Some aweful things had happend to me.It made me like a tramp.No goals,No enthusiasm.Now,I know that will is  what(that 这里用that比较合适点) I lack of.'where there's a will,there's a way.'

评分人数

• xiaomeixin

返回列表