听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 少儿·初·高中·大学 » 净化我们的心灵(不定期更新哦)
返回列表 发帖

净化我们的心灵(不定期更新哦)

我想通过这些文章,让我们看到自己的心灵,看清自己的现状,在我们迷惑或者无助的时候能够给自己一些鼓励!就是这样
  Let's see more clearly of our heart and current situation through these articles,which would give us some encouragement when we are puzzled or helpless!That's all

Love Your Life 热爱生活        Henry David Thoreau  / 享利.大卫.梭罗

不论你的生活如何卑微,你要面对它生活,不要躲避它,更别用恶言咒骂它。它不像你那样坏。你最富有的时候,倒是看似最穷。爱找缺点的人就是到天堂里也能找到缺点。你要爱你的生活,尽管它贫穷。甚至在一个济贫院里,你也还有愉快、高兴、光荣的时候。夕阳反射在济贫院的窗上,像身在富户人家窗上一样光亮;在那门前,积雪同在早春融化。我只看到,一个从容的人,在哪里也像在皇宫中一样,生活得心满意足而富有愉快的思想。城镇中的穷人,我看,倒往往是过着最独立不羁的生活。也许因为他们很伟大,所以受之无愧。大多数人以为他们是超然的,不靠城镇来支援他们;可是事实上他们是往往利用了不正当的手段来对付生活,他们是毫不超脱的,毋宁是不体面的。视贫穷如园中之花而像圣人一样耕植它吧!不要找新的花样,无论是新的朋友或新的衣服,来麻烦你自己。找旧的,回到那里去。万物不变,是我们在变。你的衣服可以卖掉,但要保留你的思想。
。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。
【Original Text 】
  Love Your Life / Henry David Thoreau
However mean your life is,meet it and live it ;do not shun it and call it hard names.It is not so bad as you are.It looks poorest when you are richest.The fault-finder will find faults in paradise.Love your life,poor as it is.You may perhaps have some pleasant,thrilling,glorious hourss,even in a poor-house.The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the alms-house as brightly as from the rich man's abode;the snow melts before its door as early in the spring.I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there,and have as cheering thoughts,as in a palace.The town's poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any.May be they are simply great enough to receive without misgiving.Most think that they are above being supported by the town;but it often happens that they are not above supporting themselves by dishonest means.which should be more disreputable.Cultivate poverty like a garden herb,like sage.Do not trouble yourself much to get new things,whether clothes or friends,Turn the old,return to them.Things do not change;we change.Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts.

[ 本帖最后由 DZ 于 2007-10-16 08:44 AM 编辑 ]

Steps To Happiness 通往幸福的阶梯

Everybody Knows:
You can‘t be all things to all people.
You can‘t do all things at once.
You can‘t do all things equally well.
You can‘t do all things better than everyone else.
Your humanity is showing just like everyone else‘s.
每个人都知道:
你无法为每个人办到每件事。
你无法立刻完成所有的事。
你无法把所有的事都做的尽善尽美。
你无法把每件事都做的比别人好,
你只是和其他人一样。
So:
You have to find out who you are, and be that.
You have to decide what comes first, and do that.
You have to discover your strengths, and use them.
You have to learn not to compete with others,
Because no one else is in the contest of "being you".
所以:
你要找到你是谁,做好自己。
你要决定什么是要先去做的。
你要发现自己的优点,并好好的利用。
你要学会不与其他人竞争。
因为没有人是你的对手。
Then:
You will have learned to accept your own uniqueness.
You will have learned to set priorities and make decisions.
You will have learned to live with your limitations.
You will have learned to give yourself the respect that is due.
And you‘ll be a most vital mortal.
接下来:
你要学着认识到自己的独一无二。
你要学习设置优先权并做决策。
你要接受生活的局限性。
你要学会适当尊重自己。
你将成为最重要的。
Dare To Believe:
That you are a wonderful, unique person.
That you are a once-in-all-history event.
That it‘s more than a right, it‘s your duty, to be who you are.
That life is not a problem to solve, but a gift to cherish.
And you‘ll be able to stay one up on what used to get you down.
勇敢的相信:
你是个完美的,独一无二的人。
你创造了百年不遇的历史事件。
这是你的责任更胜过于你的权利。
生活不是一个需要解决的麻烦,而是一份需要珍惜的礼物。
勇敢的生活你将会得到你想拥有的一切。

Let's become braver and more confident of our future

[ 本帖最后由 DZ 于 2007-10-12 08:47 AM 编辑 ]

Life Together一生相随

One fine day, an old couple around the age of 70, walks into a lawyer’s office. Apparently, they are there to file a divorce. Lawyer was very puzzled,after having a chat with them, he got their story.   在一个阳光明媚的日子里,一对70多岁的老夫妇走进了律师事务所。显然地,他们准备到那儿办理离婚手续。律师对这对年老的夫妇提出要离婚的事感到非常困惑。后来,跟他们交谈了之后,他得知他们之间有这样一段故事:
This couple had been quarreling all their 40 over years of marriage nothing ever seems to go right.
    这对夫妇从40年前结婚之日起就一直吵个不停。他们似乎找不到共同点,一切在他们看来都格格不入。
They hang on because of their children, afraid that it might affect their up-bringing. Now, all their children have already grown up, have their own family, there’s nothing else the old couple have to worry about, all they wanted is to lead their own life free from all these years of unhappiness from their marriage, so both agree on a divorce.
由于担心他们的离婚会给孩子的成长带来不良影响,这对老夫妇把离婚的事搁浅到现在。现在,他们的孩子都长大成人了,也有他们各自的家庭了。于是,这对老夫妇再也没有什么事可以担忧的了。他们现在渴望的就是过各自的生活,免受这些年来婚姻带给他们的种种不幸。正因为这样,两个老人都赞同通过离婚解决事情的争端。
Lawyer was having a hard time trying to get the papers done, because he felt that after 40 years of marriage at the age of 70, he couldn’t understand why the old couple would still wants a divorce.
律师极其艰难地为他们拟造了一份离婚协议书,因为他觉得,经过婚后40年的相濡以沫现在两个老人都70多岁了,他就是弄不明白为什么这对老夫妇仍然坚持要离婚。
While they were signing the papers, the wife told the husband. “I really love you, but I really can’t carry on anymore, I’m sorry.”
  当他们签署文件时,老夫人遗憾地告诉丈夫:“我真的很爱你,但我再也不能忍受下去了,我非常抱歉。”
“It’s OK, I understand.” said the husband. Looking at this, the lawyer suggested a dinner together, just three of them, wife thought, why not, since they are still going be friends.
“没有关系,我理解.”她的丈夫有点悲伤地回答道。看到他们夫妇还有一线挽救的希望,律师于是建议他们三个人一起去吃顿晚餐。就他们三个人,老夫人想道,为什么不呢,反正他们很快就成为朋友了。
At the dining table, there was a silence of awkwardness.
餐桌上,这对夫妇沉默不语,尴尬的气氛顿时弥漫开来。
The first dish was roasted chicken, immediately, the old man took the drumstick for the old lady. “Take this, it’s your favorite.”
第一道菜是烤鸡。立刻地,老夫人的丈夫夹了一个鸡腿给她说道:“尝尝这个,我知道你最喜欢吃鸡腿了。”
Looking at this, the lawyer thought maybe there’s still a chance, but the wife was frowning when she answer. “This is always the problem, you always think so highly of yourself, never thought about how I feel, don’t you know that I hate drumsticks?”
见到这种情景,律师心想,他们相亲相爱到这个地步本不应该提出离婚的。然而,出奇意料的是,当老夫人接过丈夫所夹的菜时,眉毛却很不自然地皱了一下答道:“这就是问题所在,你总是自以为是,从来没有顾及过我的感受,难道你就不知道我很讨厌吃鸡腿吗?”
Little did she know that, over the years, the husband have been trying all ways to please her, little did she know that drumsticks was the husband’s favorite.
她一点也不清楚,这些年来,她的丈夫一直使尽办法讨她开心;她一点也不知道,鸡腿是她丈夫最喜爱吃的食物。
Little did he know that she never thought he understand her at all,little did he know that she hates drumsticks even though all he wants is the best for her.
他一点也不清楚,他的妻子会认为他完全不了解她;他一点也不知道,他妻子讨厌吃鸡腿,尽管他把自己最喜爱吃的都给了她。
That night, both of them couldn’t sleep, toss and turn, toss and turn.After hours, the old man couldn’t take it anymore, he knows that he still loves her, and he can’t carry on life without her, he wants her back, he wants to tell her, he is sorry, he wanted to tell her, “I love you.”
那天晚上,两个老人都睡不着,各自在自己的床上辗转反侧,辗转反侧。挣扎了几个小时后,老夫人的丈夫终于忍耐不住,他发觉他仍然深爱着老夫人。他的生活不能没有老夫人,他要她回来,他要亲口告诉她,“我很抱歉;”他要亲口告诉她,“我爱你。”
He picks up the phone, started dialing her number. Ringing never stops.He never stop dialing.
于是,他拿起电话,开始按老夫人的电话号码,铃声响个不停,但另一边却没人接。尽管对方不接通他的电话,他还是一直不停地在按着重拔键。
On the other side, she was sad, she couldn’t understand how come after all these years, he still doesn’t understand her at all, she loves him a lot,but she just can’t take it any- more. Phone’s ringing, she refuses to answer knowing that it’s him. “What’s the point of talking now that it’s over. I have asked for it and now. I want to keep it this way, if not I will lose face. “She thought. Phone still ringing. She has decided to pull out the cord.
另一方面,老夫人也很伤心,她搞不清楚为什么经过多年来的相处她丈夫仍然一点都不了解她。事实上,她也非常爱她的丈夫,但她再也不愿意跟他一起生活了。电话铃声在响,老夫人知道是她丈夫打来的,但她心意已决不再接他的电话。“现在谈论还有什么意思呢?我和你的感情已经结束了。当初,第一次提出离婚的人是我,那我现在也得保持这种现状。要不然,你会说我反悔,那我岂不是很丢脸。对,对,就这样下去。”老夫人心想道。电话铃声仍然在响,她于是索性把电话线拉开了。
Little did she remember, he had heart problems.
悲剧就这样发生了,她一点也不曾记起,她的丈夫有心脏病。
The next day, she received news that he had passed away. She rushed down to his apartment, saw his body, lying on the couch still holding on to the phone. He had a heart attack when he was still trying to get thru her phone line.
第二天早上,老夫人得知她丈夫昨晚已逝世的消息。她径直向他的公寓里跑去,发现死后的丈夫躺在沙发上,手里仍然拿着电话。那天晚上,当她的丈夫试图接通她的电话时,心脏病突然发作,他就这样离开了她。
  As sad as she could be. She will have to clear his belongings. When she was looking through the drawers, she saw this insurance policy, dated from the day they got married, beneficiary is her. Together in that file there’s this note.
  尽管她很悲伤,老夫人仍不得不亲自动手清理他的遗物。当老夫人认真细致地翻着一个抽屉时,她发现了一张保险单。保险日期从他们结婚之日起算起,毫无疑问,保险受益人是她。在这个文件夹里,还有一份就是她丈夫亲手写的遗嘱,里面说道:
“To my dearest wife, by the time you are reading this, I’m sure I’m no longer around, I bought this policy for you, though the amount is only $100k, I hope it will be able to help me continue my promise that I have made when we got married, I might not be around anymore, I want this amount of money to continue taking care of you, just like the way I will if I could have live longer. I want you to know I will always be around, by your side. I love you.”
“献给我最亲爱的妻子:当你读着这封遗嘱的时候,我确信我已不在人间。我为你买了这份保险。虽然金额总数才区区100英磅,但我希望它能帮助我继续履行我们结婚时我所起的照顾你一生一世的诺言。我不能再陪你一起度过你的余生,但我希望保险金额里的钱能够帮助我实现照顾你后半生生活的愿望,就像我可以重生的话那样照顾你。我同时也想让你知道,我会一直在你的周围,在你的身边,保护你关心你,我爱你!”
Tears flowed like river.   
老夫人读着读着,泪水如小河流水般奔涌而出。
When you love someone, let them know. You never know what will happen the next minute. Learn to build a life together. Learn to love each other for who they are. Not what they are
当你爱着一个人的时候,务必要让他们知道,因为你永远不知道下一分钟将会发生什么事。学会一起生活,学会互爱,不是他们是你的什么,而是他们是你的谁.

老人也有这么倔强爱面子的时候吗?

让我们少一些遗憾吧

You do not keep anything for a special occasion, because every day that you live is a SPECIAL OCCASION.
不要将一切都为某一天而准备,因为你生活的每一天都是那么特别;

Search for knowledge, read more, sit on your porch and admire the view without paying attention to your needs;
不断汲取知识,多读一些书,坐在家里的前廊上,用赞美的眼光去享受眼前的风景,不要带有任何功利的想法;

Spend more time with your family and friends, eat your favorite foods, visit the places you love;
多花点时间和朋友与家人在一起,吃你爱吃的食物,去你想去的地方;

Life is a chain of moments of enjoyment; not only about survival;
生活是一串串的快乐时光;我们不仅仅是为了生存而生存;

Use your crystal goblets. Do not save your best perfume, and use it every time you feel you want it.
举起你的水晶酒杯吧。不要吝啬洒上你最好的香水,想用的时候就用吧!

Remove from your vocabulary phrases like "one of these days" or "someday";
将所谓的"有那么一天"或"某一天"从你的字典中删掉;

Let's write that letter we thought of writing "one of these days"!
曾打算"在那么一天"要写的信,就在今天提笔吧!

Let's tell our families and friends how much we love them;
告诉家人和朋友,你是多么的爱他们;

Do not delay anything that adds laughter and joy to your life;
做一切可以给你的生活带来欢笑与快乐的事情;

Every day, every hour, and every minute is special, and you don't know if it will be your last.
每一天、每一小时、每一分钟都是那么特别;你无法知道这是否是你的最后一刻。

I have noted down  these words in my notebook.Until now I still feel it's very sensible

提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
签名被屏蔽

If the Dream is Big Enough心中有目标,风雨不折腰

thank you

我以前常常从厨房的窗户看到她穿梭于操场上的一群男孩子中间,她显得那么矮小。
学校在我家的街对面,我可以经常看到孩子们在下课时间打球。尽管有一大群的孩子,但我觉得她跟其他的孩子截然不同。
我记得第一天看到她打篮球的情景。看着她在其他孩子旁边兜来转去,我感到十分惊奇。她总是尽力地跳起投篮,球恰好越过那些孩子的头顶飞入篮筐。那些男孩总是拼命地阻止她,但没有人可以做得到。
我开始注意到她有时候一个人打球。她一遍遍地练习运球和投篮,有时直到天黑。有一天我问她为什么这么刻苦地练习。她直视着我的眼睛,不加思索地说:“我想上大学。只有获得奖学金我才能上大学。我喜欢打篮球,我想只要我打得好,我就能获得奖学金。我要到大学去打篮球。我想成为最棒的球员。我爸爸告诉我说,心中有目标,风雨不折腰。”说完她笑了笑,跑向篮球场,又开始我之前见过的一遍又一遍的练习。
嘿,我服了她了——她是下定了决心了。我看着她这些年从初中升到高中。每个星期,她带领的学校篮球代表队都能够获胜。
高中那会儿的某一天,我看见她坐在草地上,头埋在臂弯里。我穿过街道,坐到她旁边的清凉的草地上。我轻轻地问出什么事了。“哦,没什么,”她轻声回答,“只是我太矮了。”原来篮球教练告诉她,以五英尺五英寸的身材,她几乎是没有机会到一流的球队去打球的——更不用说会获得奖学金了——所以她应该放弃想上大学的梦想。
她很伤心,我也觉得自己的喉咙发紧,因为我感觉到了她的失望。我问她是否与她的爸爸谈过这件事。
她从臂弯里抬起头,告诉我,她爸爸说那些教练错了。他们根本不懂得梦想的力量。他告诉她,如果真的想到一个好的大学去打篮球,如果她真的想获得奖学金,任何东西也不能阻止她,除非她自己不愿意。他又一次跟她说:“心中有目标,风雨不折腰。”
第二年,当她和她的球队去参加北加利福尼亚州冠军赛时,她被一位大学的招生人员看中了。她真的获得了奖学金,一个全面资助的奖学金,并且进入美国全国大学体育协会其中一队女子甲组篮球队。她将接受她曾梦想并为之奋斗多年的大学教育。
是的,心中有目标,风雨不折腰

【Original Text 】

I used to watch her from mykitchenwindow, she seemed so small as she 1)muscled her way throughthecrowd of boys on the playground. The school was across thestreetfrom our home and I would often watch the kids as theyplayedduring recess. A sea of children, and yet to me, she stoodout fromthem all.I remr the first day I saw her playing basketball.Iwatched in wonder as she ran circles around the other kids.Shemanaged to shoot jump shots just over their heads and into thenet.The boys always tried to stop her but no one could.I begantonotice her at other times, basketball in hand, playing alone.Shewould practice 2)dribbling and shooting over and overagain,sometimes until dark. One day I asked her why she practicedsomuch. She looked directly in my eyes and without a momentofhesitation she said, “I want to go to college. The only way Icango is if I get a scholarship. I like basketball. I decided thatifI were good enough, I would get a scholarship. I am going toplaycollege basketball. I want to be the best. My Daddy told me ifthedream is big enough, the facts don’t count.” Then she smiledandran towards the court to 3)recap the routine I had seen overandover again.Well, I had to give it to her—she was determined.Iwatched her through those junior high years and into highschool.Every week, she led her 4)varsity team to victory.One day inhersenior year, I saw her sitting in the grass, head cradled inherarms. I walked across the street and sat down in the coolgrassbeside her. Quietly I asked what was wrong. “Oh, nothing,”came asoft reply. “I am just too short.” The coach told her that at5’5”she would probably never get to play for a top ranked team—muchless offered a scholarship—so she should stop dreamingaboutcollege.She was heartbroken and I felt my own throat tightenas Isensed her disappointment. I asked her if she had talked to herdadabout it yet.She lifted her head from her hands and told methather father said those coaches were wrong. They just didnotunderstand the power of a dream. He told her that if shereallywanted to play for a good college, if she truly wantedascholarship, that nothing could stop her except one thing — herownattitude. He told her again, “If the dream is big enough, thefactsdon’t count.”The next year, as she and her team went totheNorthern California Championship game, she was seen by acollege5)recruiter. She was indeed offered a scholarship, a fullride, toa Division I, 6)NCAA women’s basketball team. She was goingto getthe college education that she had dreamed of and workedtoward forall those years.It’s true: If the dream is big enough, the facts don’t count.

The life I desired 我所追求的生活

这一定是世间无数对夫妻的生活写照,这种生活模式给人一种天伦之美。它使人想起一条平静的溪流,蜿蜒畅游过绿茵的草场,浓荫遮蔽,最后注入烟波浩渺的汪洋大海;但是大海太过平静,太过沉默,太过不动声色,你会突然感到莫名的不安。也许这只是我自己的一种怪诞想法,我觉得这像大多数人一样的生活,似乎欠缺了一点儿什么。我承认这种生活有社会价值,我也看到了它那井然有序的幸福,但我血液里的冲动却渴望一种更桀骜不驯的旅程.这样的安逸中好像有一种叫我惊惧不安的东西.我的心渴望一种更加惊险的生活。只要生活中还能有变迁———以及不可知的刺激,我愿意踏上怪石嶙峋的山崖,奔赴暗礁满布的海滩。
………………….
[ Orininal Text ]

That must be the story of innumerable couples,and the pattern of lifeof life it offers has a homely grace.It reminds you of a placid rivulet,meandering smoohtly through green pastures and shaded by pleasant trees,till at last it falls into the vasty sea;but the sea is so calm,so silent,so infifferent,that you are troubled suddently by a vague uneasiness.Perhaps it is only by a kink in my nature,that i felt in such an existence,the share of the great majority,something amiss.I recognized its social value.I saw its ordered happiness,but a fever in my blood asked for a wilder course.There seemed to me something alarming in such easy delights.In my heart was desire to live more dangerously.I was not unprepared for jagged rocks and treacherous,shoals it I could only have change-change and the exicitement of unforeseen.
I agree,and you?

Keep Your Direction 坚持你的方向

如果失败了你会怎么做?很多人可能会选择放弃。然而,要想成功,最可靠的方法就是坚持你的方向和目标。
在通往成功的路上,你必须坚持你的方向。它就像一盏灯,在黑暗中为你指路,帮助你度过难关。否则,你很容易就会迷失方向或犹豫不前。
方向意味着目标。人生如果没有目标,将一事无成。
你可以试着把你的目标写在纸上,并制定实现目标的计划。这样,你就会懂得如何合理安排时间,如何正确地支配时间。而且你还要有这样的信念:只要你一直坚持自己的方向,你就一定可以成功。

Original text

What would you do if you failed? Many people may choose to give up. However, the surest way to success is to keep your direction and stick to your goal.
On your way to success, you must keep your direction. It is just like a lamp, guiding you in darkness and helping you overcome obstacles on your way. Otherwise, you will easily get lost or hesitate to go ahead.
Direction means objectives. You can get nowhere without an objective in life.
You can try to write your objective on paper and make some plans to achieve it. In this way, you will know how to arrange your time and to spend your time properly. And you should also have a belief that you are sure to succeed as long as you keep your direction all the time.  

Never give up永 不 言 弃

永 不 放 弃 ,
永 不 心 灰 意 冷 。
永 存 信 念 , 它 会 使 你 应 付 自 如 。
难 捱 的 时 光 终 将 过 去 , 一 如 既 往 。
只 要 有 耐 心 , 梦 想 就 会 成 真 。
露 出 微 笑 , 你 会 走 出 痛 苦 。
相 信 苦 难 定 会 过 去 , 你 将 重 获 力 量

【Original Text】

Never give up,
Never lose hope.
Always have faith,
It allows you to cope.
Trying times will pass,
As they always do.
Just have patience,
Your dreams will come true.
So put on a smile,
You'll live through your pain.
Know it will pass,
And strength you will gain

do you still remember the TV soap opera "Never give up"?

thanks !
but i like a short and easy sentence

回复 10# 的帖子

It doesn't matter,every man has his hobbyhorse.I've been said I only want these articles would give us some encouragement when we are puzzled or helpless

You! 生命掌握在你的手里--超越卓越的你

试想一下……你!一个空前绝后的你,不论是以往还是将来都不会有一个跟你一模一样的人。你在历史上和宇宙中都是独一无二的。哇!想想吧,你是万里挑一、亿里挑一、兆里挑一的。
在无穷无尽的宇宙中,你是举世无双的!!!
你是了不起的!你是卓越的!没错,就是你。你已经是了不起的,是卓越的,你还可以更卓越更了不起。美丽的年轻人是大自然的奇想,而美丽的老人却是艺术的杰作。但你不会因为年龄的渐长就自然而然地变得“美丽”。
真正的美丽源于生命里的学习、成长和热爱。这就是生命的艺术。你可以只听天由命, 慢慢地学,有时候或许会很痛苦。又或许你可以选择加速自己的成长,故意地挥霍生活及其提供的一切。你就是手握今日之刷描绘自己未来的艺术家。画出一幅杰作吧!
上帝给了鸟儿食物,但他没有将食物扔到它们的巢里。不管你想要去哪里,不管你想要做什么,真正做决定的还是你自己。
[Oringinal Text]
Consider… YOU. In all time before now and in all time to come, there has never been and will never be anyone just like you. You are unique in the entire history and future of the universe. Wow! Stop and think about that. You're better than one in a million, or a billion, or a gazillion…
You are the only one like you in a sea of infinity!!!
You're amazing! You're awesome! And by the way, TAG, you're it. As amazing and awesome as you already are, you can be even more so. Beautiful young people are the whimsey of nature, but beautiful old people are true works of art. But you don't become "beautiful" just by virtue of the aging process.
Real beauty comes from learning, growing, and loving in the ways of life. That is the Art of Life. You can learn slowly, and sometimes painfully, by just waiting for life to happen to you. Or you can choose to accelerate your growth and intentionally devour life and all it offers. You are the artist that paints your future with the brush of today.
Paint a Masterpiece.
God gives every bird its food, but he doesn't throw it into its nest. Wherever you want to go, whatever you want to do, it's truly up to you.
people we can always rely on are ourselves!

Living life over 如果有来生 我会抓住每一秒

如果有来生,我会少说,多听;我会请朋友来家里吃饭,即使把地毯弄脏;如果有来生,我会点燃那支雕成玫瑰状的蜡烛,不让它在尘封中融化;我会与孩子们坐在草地上,不去担心草地上的污渍……如果有来生,我会说更多的“我爱你”……“对不起”……然而,最重要的是,如果有来生,我会抓住每一秒……看人生,读人生……体验人生……再也不放手。
If I had my life to live over...I would have talked less and listened more.
I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was strained and the sofa faded.
I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.
I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.
I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.
I would have sat on the lawn with my children and not worried about grass stains.
I would have cried and laughed less while watching television - and more while watching life.
I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding patter if I were not there for the day.
I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, would not show soil or was guaranteed to last a life time.
There would have been more "I love yous" ... more "I'm sorrys"... but mostly, given another shots at life, I would seize every minute... look at it and really see it...live it...and never give it back.
I just found that I had wasted much time on some trivialities instead of enjoying my happy life,what about you?

A Lesson Of Life 生活中的一课

“everything happens for the best,”my mother said whenever I faced disappointment. "If you can carry on, one day something good will happen. And you'll realize that it wouldn't have happened
if not for that previous disappointment."

每当我遇到挫折时,母亲就会说:"一切都会好的。如果你坚持下去,总有一天会有好事发生。你会认识到,如果没有以前的挫折就不会有现在的一切。"

Mother was right, as I discovered after graduating from college in 1932.I had decided to try for a job in radio, then work my way up to sports announcer. I hitchhiked to Chicago and knocked on the door of every station-and got turned down every time.

母亲是对的,发现这个是在1932年,我刚从大学毕业。我已决定试着在电台找个事儿做,然后争取做体育节目的播音员。我搭便车到了芝加哥,挨个电台地敲门推销自己——但每次都被拒绝了。

In one studio, a kind lady told me that big stations couldn't risk hiring inexperienced person-"Go out in the sticks and find a small station that'll give you a chance,”she said.

在一个播音室里,一位好心的女士告诉我,大的广播电台是不会冒险雇用没经验的新手的。"去乡下找一家给你机会的小电台吧,"她说。

I thumbed home to Dixon, Illinois. While them was no radio-announcing jobs in Dixon, my father sad Montgomery Ward had opened a store and wanted a local athlete to manage its sports department. Since Dixon was where I had played high school football, I applied. The job sounded just right for me. But I wasn't hired.

我搭车来到我的家乡,那是伊利诺斯州的迪克森。在迪克森当时还没有电台播音员这样的工作,父亲说,蒙哥马利·沃德开了一家新商店,想雇请一个本地的运动员管理店里的体育部。我中学时曾在迪克森打过橄榄球,出于这个原因我去申请了这份工作。工作听起来挺适合我的,但是我没被聘用。

My disappointment must have shown. "Everything happens for the best," Mom reminded me. Dad offered me the car to job hunt. I tried WOC Radio in Davenport, Iowa. The program director, a wonderful Scotsman named Peter MacArthur, told me they had already hired an announcer.

我的沮丧心情一定表现出来了。"一切总会好的,"母亲提醒我说。爸爸给我买了一辆汽车找工作用。我试着到爱荷华州达文波特的woc电台去求职。那里的电台节目总监是一个很棒的苏格兰人,名叫彼得·麦克阿瑟,他告诉我他们已经雇到播音员了。

As I left his office, my frustration boiled over. I asked a1oud,"How can a fellow get to be a sport announcer if he can't get a job in a radio station?"

离开他办公室时,我的挫折感达到了极点。我大声地说:"一个连在电台都找不到工作的家伙又怎么能成为体育节目的播映员呢?

I was waiting for the elevator when I heard MacArthur calling, "What was that you said about sports? Do you know anything about football?"Then he stood me before a microphone and asked me to broadcast an imaginary game.

等电梯时,我听到麦克阿瑟喊道:“你说什么体育?你懂橄榄球吗?”接着他让我站到麦克风前面,请我解说一场想象中的比赛。

On my way home, as I have many times since, I thought of my mother's words: "if you carry on, one day something good will happen. Something wouldn't have happened if not for that previous disappointment" I often wonder what direction my life might have taken if I’d gotten the job at Montgomery Ward.   

在回家的路上——以后也有很多次的,我思考着母亲的那句话:“如果你坚持下去,总要一天会有好事发生。如果没有以前的挫折,就不会有现在的一切。”我常想,如果当年我得到蒙哥马利·沃德的那份工作,我的人生之路又会怎样走呢

young people who are still  obsesses with unimplyment,please keep at it!

Best Way to Keep Love is to Give It Wings 令爱长驻的妙法-将爱放飞

There was once a lonely girl who longed so much for love. One day while she was walking in the woods she found two starving songbirds. She took them home and put them in a small cage. She cared them with love and the birds grew strong. Every morning they greeted her with a wonderful song. The girl felt great love for the birds.
从前,有个寂寞的女孩非常渴望爱。一天,她走在丛林中,发现两只快要饿死的小鸟。她把它们带回家,放入一个小笼子。经她悉心照料,鸟儿一天天强壮起来。每天早晨,鸟儿都要用美妙的歌声向她表示问候。女孩不由得爱上了这两只小鸟。
One day the girl left the door to the cage open. The larger and stronger of the two birds flew from the cage. The girl was so frightened that he would fly away. As he flew close, she grasped him wildly. Her heart felt glad at her success in capturing him. Suddenly she felt the bird go limp. She opened her hand and stared in horror at the dead bird. Her desperate love had killed him.
一天,女孩敞开了鸟笼的小门。那只较大较壮的鸟儿飞出了鸟笼。女孩非常害怕鸟儿会飞走。鸟儿飞近时,她死命将它抓住。她十分高兴,终于又把它捉了回来。突然间,她感觉到鸟儿四肢无力。她张开手,惊恐地盯着手中的死鸟。她不顾一切的爱害死了鸟儿。
She noticed the other bird moving back and forth on the edge of the cage. She could feel his great need for freedom. He needed to soar into the clear, blue sky. She lifted him from the cage and tossed him softly into the air. The bird circled once, twice, three times.
她注意到另一只鸟儿在笼边扑闪着翅膀。她可以感觉到它对自由的无限向往。它渴望冲向明净的蓝天。她将它举起,轻轻抛向空中。鸟儿盘旋了一圈,两圈,三圈。
The girl watched delightedly at the bird's enjoyment. Her heart was no longer concerned with her loss. She wanted the bird to be happy. Suddenly the bird flew closer and landed softly on her shoulder. It sang the sweetest melody that she had ever heard.
看到鸟儿快乐的样子,女孩很高兴。她的内心不再计较自己的得失。她希望鸟儿幸福。突然,鸟儿飞近了,轻轻落在她的肩上,唱起了她从未听过的最动人的歌。
The fastest way to lose love is to hold on it too tight, the best way to keep love is to give it wings!
失去爱的方法,最快莫过于将其牢牢地抓在手心;令爱长驻的方法,最好莫过于赋予它一双翅膀——将爱放飞!

it made me think of our love...

呵呵,那就送你一篇,写得挺好的

It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return. But what is more painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let that person know how you feel.

只有付出的爱是痛苦的,但比这更痛苦是爱一个人却没有勇气让那人知道你的感情。

A sad thing in life is when you meet someone who means a lot to you,only to find out in the end that it was never meant to be and you just have to let go.

生命中令人悲伤的一件事是你遇到了一个对你来说很重要的人,但却最终发现你们有缘无份,因此你不得不放手。

The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch swing with,never say a word,and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.

最好的朋友就是那种能和你促膝而坐,彼此不说只字片语,分别时却感到这是你有过的最好的一次交流!

It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

的确只有当我们失去时才知道曾拥有的是什么,同样,只有当我们拥有了才知道曾经失去了什么。

Don't go for looks;they can deceive. Don't go for wealth;even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright.

别倾心于容貌,因为它具有欺骗性,也别倾心于财富,它也会消散,倾心于那个能带给你笑容的人吧,因为一个笑容能使漫漫长夜如白昼般明亮。

Dream what you want to dream;go where you want to go;be what you want to be,because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.

做你想做的梦吧,去你想去的地方吧,成为你想成为的人吧,因为你只有一次生命,一个机会去做所有那些你想做的事。

Always put yourself in the other's shoes. If you feel that it hurts you,it probably hurts the person too.

要设身处地的为别人着想, 如果一双鞋你穿着夹脚, 别人的感觉可能也一样。

A careless word may kindle strife;a cruel word may wreck a life;a timely word may level stress;a loving word may heal and bless.

无心快语可能引发争执,无情之词可能折损生命,适时温语可能消弭压力,而关爱之声可能治愈心灵。

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

幸福之人并非拥有一切,只是尽力享受生活的赐予。

Love begins with a smile,grows with a kiss,ends with a tear. When you were born,you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die,you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying.

爱情以笑开始,以吻转浓,以泪结束。当你哭着降临人世时,身边的每个人都在为此欢笑,好好生活吧,这样你就能含笑离开人世,而身边的每个人都在为此哭泣。

Just have patience,
Your dreams will come true
Never give up,
Never give up,

You can‘t do all things at once.I can not .........so long

Life's Balance 生活的平衡

In a university commencement address several years ago, Brian Dyson, CEO of Coca Cola Ent-erprises, spoke of the relation of work to one’s other commitments:

几年前,在一所大学的开幕典礼中,可口可乐的首席执行官布赖恩·戴森讲到工作与其他义务的关系:

Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air. You name them work, family, health, friends and spirit and you’re keeping all of these in the air. You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back.

想象生命是一场不停丢掷五个球于空中的游戏。这五个球分别为工作、家庭、健康、朋友和心灵,而且你很努力地掷着这五个球,不让它们落地。很快地你会了解工作是一个橡皮球。如果你不幸失手落下它,它还是会弹回来。

But the other four balls family, health, friends and spirit are made of glass. If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for balance in your life. How?

但是家庭、健康、朋友和心灵这四个球是用玻璃做成的。一旦你失手落下,它们可能会少了一角,留下无法挽回的记号、刻痕、损坏甚至碎落一地。它们将永远不会跟以前一样。你必须了解这个道理,并且为平衡你的生命而努力。但要怎么才做得到呢?

Don’t undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different that each of us is special.

别拿自己和他人比较,这只会降低了你原有的价值。因为我们都是独一无二的,因为我们每一个人都很特别。

Don’t set your goals by what other people deem important. Only you know what is best for you.

别人认为重要的事不一定是你的目标。只有你才知道什么最适合你。

Don’t take for granted the things closest to your heart. Cling to them as they would be your life, for without them, life is meaningless.

不要将贴近你的心的人、事物视为理所当然的存在。你必须将他们视为你的生命一般好好地抓牢他们。没有他们,生命将失去意义。

Don’t let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future. By living your life one day at a time, you live ALL the days of your life.

别让你的生命总在依恋过去种种或是寄望未来中逝去。如果你活在每个当下,你就活出了生命中的每一天。

Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.

当你还能给予的时候别轻言放弃。只要你不放弃,就有无限延伸的可能。

Don’t be afraid to admit that you are less than perfect. It is this fragile thread that binds us to each together.

别害怕承认你并非完美。正因如此,我们才得以藉由这脆弱的细丝紧密地串绑在一起。

Don’t be afraid to encounter risks. It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave.

别害怕遇到危险。正因如此,我们才得以藉由这些机会学习勇敢。

Don’t shut love out of your life by saying it’s impossible to find. The quickest way to receive love is to give it; the fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly; and the best way to keep love is to give it wings.

别以爱太难找到作为借口而紧闭你的心扉。最迅速找到爱的方法就是给予你的爱;最快速失去爱的方法就是紧紧地守着你的爱不放;维持爱的最好方式就是给爱一双翅膀。

Don’t run through life so fast that you forget not only where you’ve been, but also where you are going.

莫要匆忙地度过你的一生,那匆忙让你忘了曾经到过哪里,也让你忘了你要去哪里。  

Don’t forget, a person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.

莫忘记,人类情感上最大的需要是感恩。

Don’t be afraid to learn. Knowledge is weightless, a treasure you can always carry easily.

莫害怕学习。知识没有重量,它是可以随意携带的珍宝。

Don’t use time or words carelessly. Neither can be retrieved.

莫漫不经心地蹉跎光阴或口无遮拦。时间与言词两者都是一放便收不回来。

Life is not a race, but a journey to be savored each step of the way.

生命不是一场赛跑, 而是一步一个脚印的旅程。

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery and Today is a gift: that’s why we call it ‘The Present’.

昨天已是历史,明天还是未知,而今天则是一个上天的礼物:那就是我们为什么称它为“现在”(Present)的原因。

你是喜欢还是爱?

In front of the person you love, your heart beats faster, but in front of the person you like, you get happy.
In front of the person you love, winter seems like spring, but in front of the person you like, winter is just beautiful winter.
If you look into the eyes of the one you love, you blush, but if you look into the eyes of the person you like, you smile.
If front of the person you love, you can’t say everything on your mind, but in front of the person you like, you can.
In front of the person you love, you tend to get shy, but in front of the person you like, you can show your own self.
You can’t look straight into the eyes of the one you love, but you can always smile into the eyes of the one you like.
When the one you love is crying, you cry with him, but when the one you like is crying, you end up comforting.
The feeling of love starts from the eye, and the feeling of like starts from the ears.
So if you stop liking a person you used to like, all you need to do is cover your ears. But if you try to close your eyes, love turns into a teardrop and remains in your heart forever after.

返回列表