回复 30# 的帖子

可惜阅读权限是20

回复 51# 的帖子

可惜阅读权限是20

下了,听听~

回复 102# 的帖子

fuyun现在是在哪里啊??

巴布亚纽几内亚 - 食物 Papua New Guinea - Food

Greetings, friends. I'm so glad you are listening to Window on the World. Today we'll continue to find out more about the country and people of Mongolia. The majority of the people live mainly in the central and eastern areas of the country. There are about 9 different groups of Mongol people. Each group has their own dialect or language and traditions.

Most Mongols believe that families are important. In rural or village areas, families are often farmers or shepherds. The youngest son inherits the family home. The father is the head of the family, but the mother is responsible for household affairs. The Mongol men take the job of herding animals. The women take care of milking animals and they also are responsible to prepare food for the family. In the family, older children care for younger brothers and sisters. Elderly parents often live with the family of their youngest son or daughter if there are no sons. Grandparents are treated with great respect because of their wisdom and life experience. The grandparents also pass on their wisdom to their grandchildren. Families who live in the cities, often have both the mothers and fathers working outside the home. Young families in city areas usually have only one or two children. The rural or village families are usually quite a bit larger.

Most rural families live in a tent with a roof frame, and a south-facing door. Its average size is about 6 meters in diameter. The tent is covered with one or more layers of sheep-wool felt and a white cloth. It is easy to put up and take down. This tent is very warm in cold seasons. In city areas, families live in high-rise apartments. Some people in cities even use tent-type buildings. This will have electricity, but not a heating system or running water.

Guests are welcomed in Mongol homes. There is a long tradition of hospitality. Guests are usually greeted by the host and family members at the door in modern apartment buildings, or, in rural areas, outside the tent. Guests often bring the hosts a small gift.

I think it would be interesting to visit a home in Mongolia. I hope you will listen again next week when we find out about the kinds of foods our Mongol friends might serve us. I'll be waiting for you then. Farewell, friends!
附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

verygood

very petty

为了你,我顶

回复 108# 的帖子

是为了我吗?谢谢

巴布亚纽几内亚 - 动物 Papua New Guinea - Animals

Greetings friends! This is our last week to learn about Papua New Guinea on our Window on the World. Today we'll find out about some interesting and very unusual animals from this island country. One fascinating insect is the New Guinea Stick Insect. It is a master of disguise because it hides so well among twigs and tree branches. It is very thin and brown in color. During the day it hangs ever so still on a branch but at night, it moves very slowly across tree leaves looking for other small insects to eat.

Another animal that I know would scare me is the Frill-Necked Lizard! This lizard has a mane or flap of skin that is at the back of its head, attached to the neck. It usually lies flat and you really can't see it. But ... if the lizard is threatened by another animal, it unfolds its mane and then flaps its jaws. It looks very scary and I know I'd run away if I saw the Frill-Necked Lizard.

Papua New Guinea has 644 kinds of birds. Some include the Peregrine Falcon, Osprey, the Bird of Paradise and the Rainbow Lorikeet. One unusual egg-laying mammal that also lives on the island is the Spiny Ant Eater. It is rather odd because mammals do not usually lay eggs. Their babies are born alive and usually have hair or fur. But the Spiny Ant Eater just lays her egg and waits for them to hatch! Other more common animals for this region of the world includes rats, bats, mice, and reptiles like snakes and crocodiles. Those are some animals I'd rather not get too close to!

We have discovered many new things about Papua New Guinea as we opened our Window on the World. Come back next week as we continue to learn more about countries in our region. Goodbye for now!

澳洲 - 地理 Australia - Land

Good Day Mates! Welcome to Window on the World. Today we'll open our window on the "Land Down Under." Do you know what country I'm talking about? I'll give you a few more clues - then see if you can guess. This country in South East Asia is an island and the world's smallest continent. It has the world's largest coral reef off its coast. You might see kangaroos and koala bears living there. Have you guessed where we'll visit today? I'm sure by now you are saying... AUSTRALIA!

Well, you are absolutely correct! The island country of Australia is an interesting place to visit. The country's official name is the Commonwealth of Australia. It's capital city is in Canberra. The small island state of Tasmania is also part of this nation. Australia is about 7,713,300 square kilometers.

Australia is surrounded by the Timor Sea, the Arafura Sea, the Gulf of Carpentaria and the Torres Strait on the northern coasts. The Coral Sea and the Tasman Sea are on the east and the Indian Ocean is on the west and in the south. The southern coasts are also surrounded by the Bass Strait and the Great Australian Bight. The Great Barrier Reef is known as the world's largest coral reef. It is 2,012 kilometers long. This is a popular tourist sight especially for divers and is located off the northeastern shore. I bet you could see some beautiful ocean creatures!

The interior of the country is mostly great plains known as the "Outback." The Eastern Highlands or Great Dividing Range is a mountainous area that separates the coastal plains region from the Outback. In the western part of Australia, you can even find several desert areas known as the Great Sandy Desert, the Gibson Desert, and the Great Victoria Desert.

The Australian climate varies greatly from one region of this island continent to another. The north is somewhat tropical compared to the cooler southern areas. The warmest months are January and February because these are Australia's summer months. June and July are the coldest winter months. This sounds unusual to me but I understand that countries like Australia, that are located south of the equator, have their seasons just the opposite of northern countries.

Wow, I sure have lots to learn about Australia. I hope you will listen again next week to find out all about the people who live on this island continent when we open our Window on the World again! Goodbye friends!

it's so good.

澳洲 - 民族 Australia - People

Hello friends! Welcome to Window on the World. We are learning all about different countries in our region. Last week we found out all about the only island country that is a continent. Do you remember which continent it is? It is way down under!!! That's right ... Australia!

Let's find out about the people who live there. The Australian people are often called "Aussies." The population of Australia is 18, 088,000 people. The Aborigines are called the "first people." They lived on the island before other people came from Europe to settle in. Most of the people today live in the large coastal cities. The main language is English. You might hear phrases like..."no worries, mate" meaning "everything is fine, friend" or "G'day" that means "hello."

An average family in Australia has two to three children. All children aged five to fifteen must attend school. There are primary and secondary schools. Some children who live in remote areas, like the "Outback," receive their schoolwork by mail so they can work at home. There are many universities and colleges for students who wish to continue their education. Children and adults enjoy sports and outdoor activities. Favorite sports in Australia include rugby, cricket, basketball and soccer. Cycling, walking, tennis and golf are also enjoyed. For those who live near the coastal regions, water sports are fun, especially swimming, surfing, and fishing.

Many people also enjoy the arts and music. The famous "Sydney Opera House" has programs featuring opera, orchestras, ballet, and other dance styles.

Our Australian friends would enjoy having you visit. They love to entertain especially by having a barbeque! That sounds great to me!

Well, it's time to close our Window on the World for this week. Listen again next week to hear about the food of Australia. G'bye Mates!

这得要顶的啊

为了积分哦,~~~

阅读权限不够,怎么才能增加呀~~~

我下一次 回复一次

下一个听力 回复一次

很好的内容

Very good materials
Thanks

返回列表